GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New OEM 12V battery installed, at 17k miles, 4.5 years from vehicle manufacture. Proactive replacement, after a single anomaly (doors wouldn't unlike from the outside, NOT key fob related.

FYI: GM part # 88865475, AC/Delco EVLN2 47P7YR

I'm posting to point out this battery, according to the dealership, is ELR specific. I scheduled the install appointment, tech came to me 15 minutes later, saying the "HYBRID" AC/Delco they had in stock was for ALL other Cadillac hybrids, but NOT the ELR. I believe he said the ELR-specific battery is shorter (in height) than the other hybrid battery.

They had to order the specific battery, kept the car overnight, gave me a new Cadillac loaner for free. (Thanks, Frank Kent Cadillac!)

I hope someone will cross-check these numbers and confirm this information.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I'm posting to point out this battery, according to the dealership, is ELR specific. I scheduled the install appointment, tech came to me 15 minutes later, saying the "HYBRID" AC/Delco they had in stock was for ALL other Cadillac hybrids, but NOT the ELR. I believe he said the ELR-specific battery is shorter (in height) than the other hybrid battery.

They had to order the specific battery, kept the car overnight, gave me a new Cadillac loaner for free. (Thanks, Frank Kent Cadillac!)

I hope someone will cross-check these numbers and confirm this information.

GM Original Equipment Battery Ratings and Part Numbers 2016–2018

According to the above linked .pdf, the Volt and ELR share this same GM part# 88865475 AGM...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts