GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll see how the Bolt holds up in the Arizona climate. So . . . how do I open the charger door?

·
Administrator
20,347 Posts
We'll see how the Bolt holds up in the Arizona climate. So . . . how do I open the charger door?
Just press on the right edge.

Also, read the owners manual. This is covered as well as a lot more on operating the car.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. We have members from Arizona and so far the Volt seems to hold up as well as any in the AZ heat. Hope that's the case for you.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Welcome and [email protected]!

The push door is better than the Gen1 Volt's inside release door. Those had/have problems.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
OK, I got to ask: How did you get out of the dealership without knowing that?
Might be a first time Chevy owner... Welcome to the club! When I first rented a Chevy Car more than a decade ago, it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to open the fuel door at the gas station! Was looking every where for a lever to pull. ha ha ha!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
OK, I got to ask: How did you get out of the dealership without knowing that?
After you say "I'll take it", many people at dealerships aren't interested in talking to you anymore. It's all between you and the accountant.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
After you say "I'll take it", many people at dealerships aren't interested in talking to you anymore. It's all between you and the accountant.
I will say that Rydell went the extra mile on this one. They put the front plate frame on (the other dealers did not, not even Cadillac), put the HOV stickers on (they had them in stock) and wanted go through every single feature. He seemed bummed that I said 'I already have two, including a 2016', but showed me everything that I would allow and helped program our OnStar. He even found another $1000 discount that we were not aware of. There was a full checklist they went through and gave us. They did everything but send me roses the next day. Even so, the entire experience was under 2 hours even though they were very busy that day.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Either that or stick your leg out and get it pulled. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I will say that Rydell went the extra mile on this one. They put the front plate frame on (the other dealers did not, not even Cadillac), put the HOV stickers on (they had them in stock) and wanted go through every single feature. He seemed bummed that I said 'I already have two, including a 2016', but showed me everything that I would allow and helped program our OnStar. He even found another $1000 discount that we were not aware of. There was a full checklist they went through and gave us. They did everything but send me roses the next day. Even so, the entire experience was under 2 hours even though they were very busy that day.
My 2016 purchase went much the same way. Salesman very helpful, got OnStar working, green stickers already on the car, etc. But then we spent the next two months getting the dealerships 'back office' straightened out...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Let's see some photos!

·
Administrator
20,347 Posts
My 2016 purchase went much the same way. Salesman very helpful, got OnStar working, green stickers already on the car, etc. But then we spent the next two months getting the dealerships 'back office' straightened out...
I spent the next day getting OnStar straightened out. It turned out they had paired my account to a different Bolt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts