GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello to everybody as a new member of this forum which I already find very useful and full of info!!

2 weeks now I've been driving my own 2013 summit white Volt, got it with 18500km (11495 miles) on it and almost a year old but it's as good as new to me!!! Love the tan leather/suede interior finish and dark console combination. Got the Voltec Bosch 240V wall charger last week and love the quick charging of it!!

Almost 900km on it since I got it and used only 3.5 liters (0.13 gallon) of fuel, gotta love that!!! I am simply in love with the car. Getting the Windows tinted this week, in the market for a second set of wheels/tires since down here we need winter tires (by law) for the cold season. Might go for 18'' summer wheels/tires and keep the 17'' OEM for winter, shopping right now.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
welcome to you...i m from laval quebc 2012 11000km .34l-100km silver tint window 225 35 20 Wheel combo ..............

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats for your Volt!
Keep us update regarding your winter tires. Interested to know what we could find in Canada and at which price...

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bonjour JFChamp,

Congratuations on getting your Volt, and welcome to the club!

I'm curious, and I'm sure there are others here who are as well - how did you go about purchasing your second-hand Volt, and what was the experience like?

Did you go through a dealership or private party? How did you find the car (on Auto Trader, through word-of-mouth, on craigslist or a dealership website, etc)? What kind of price did you end up getting for your lease or purchase? Were there other used Volts to choose from? Did you find it in Montreal or did you have to travel to find the one you were looking for?

There is a lot of anticipation surrounding the availability of (possibly) cheap used Volts as the first of the 3-year leases expire this year, and a lot of people are waiting to get theirs for what they hope will be a great deal. Although yours isn't one of those 3 year old vehicles, I'm sure many Canadian GM-Volt members would be curious to know how the process to purchase a used one went.

·
Registered
87 Posts
stock 17 inch tires 80 km ...........20 inch 76 km not bad.......losing performance and acceleration for sure stock tire and rims 39 lbs new combo 49 lbs...........

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks TeV!! I got the car from a Chevy dealership that actually import Volt, Corvette and Denali vehicles from the USA. Since the price is higher here and the availability is bad, this gave me an opportunity to get a Volt at a much better price. I was actually making a research for importing one myself when I ran accross a few ads from this dealership on local Kijiji, I contacted them and was impressed with my whole experience with those guys!! I've imported a car and a motorcyle a few years ago myself, so I was familiar with the process.
Bonjour JFChamp,

Congratuations on getting your Volt, and welcome to the club!

I'm curious, and I'm sure there are others here who are as well - how did you go about purchasing your second-hand Volt, and what was the experience like?

Did you go through a dealership or private party? How did you find the car (on Auto Trader, through word-of-mouth, on craigslist or a dealership website, etc)? What kind of price did you end up getting for your lease or purchase? Were there other used Volts to choose from? Did you find it in Montreal or did you have to travel to find the one you were looking for?

There is a lot of anticipation surrounding the availability of (possibly) cheap used Volts as the first of the 3-year leases expire this year, and a lot of people are waiting to get theirs for what they hope will be a great deal. Although yours isn't one of those 3 year old vehicles, I'm sure many Canadian GM-Volt members would be curious to know how the process to purchase a used one went.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is not too bad a sacrifice indeed!! I haven't been able to find a clear answer on the OEM 17'' Volt wheel's weight, in order to choose a good aftermarket Wheel, I'd like to be able to compare weights. I read 17 lbs somewhere but can anybody comfirm?

stock 17 inch tires 80 km ...........20 inch 76 km not bad.......losing performance and acceleration for sure stock tire and rims 39 lbs new combo 49 lbs...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts