GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been lurking for quite awhile and learning a lot from everyone here and am now starting to look for our first Volt. We are currently driving an older Suburban and an Avalanche so this will be quite a change for us and OPEC. There seems to be quite a few 2013's hitting as the leases come up so that's probably the direction we'll go. They all seem to be in the $15k to $18k range for the premium loaded ones but are scattered over Craigslist, Chevy dealerships, non-Chevy dealerships, etc. If purchasing from a non-Chevy dealer what's the best way to check out the car. I haven't purchased a used car since my '73 Capri in "Big Bird Yellow" in 1981. Thanks for any suggestion!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are still new 2015 Volts available and, after the $7500 tax credit, will come in about $18,000. If you cannot take advantage of the tax credit, you can check the dealers for lease returns. Regarding checking out a used Volt, I am going to yield to some of the others on this forum with more experience.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Cuda, if purchasing from Craigslist or a non-Chevy dealer I would suggest taking the car to a Chevrolet dealer and letting them complete a multipoint inspection on the vehicle before buying. If the non-Chevy dealer or seller on Craigslist will not allow that, then move on.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Cuda, if purchasing from Craigslist or a non-Chevy dealer I would suggest taking the car to a Chevrolet dealer and letting them complete a multipoint inspection on the vehicle before buying. If the non-Chevy dealer or seller on Craigslist will not allow that, then move on.
And by "Chevy dealer", we mean someplace that the Volt Advisors find recommendable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts