GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not wait for this vehicle! I currently own a 2500 Silverado Diesel and I love it. My hubby wants to convert it to bio-diesel because the insane diesel prices around here!!! I am a avid Chevy/GM LOVER and I have been for years! I usually buy trucks, but this car is going to be HOT!!! Besides, it will be nice to give my money to AMERICAN ELECTRIC COMPANIES rather than UNKNOWN OIL COMPANIES (we know where they are, but I thought I would be PC!) See ya'll next time! CHEVY LOVER, HEATHER!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Heather S,

I drive a Passat TDI (Diesel) and I love that car. You do NOT have to convert anything to run biodiesel. I run B20 (20% biodiesel), and don't worry about any issues.

If you run 100% BD, you have to worry about decomposition of rubber and blowing warranties and such. I'd recommend you try blends. And I do find it is a few cents cheaper. Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can not wait for this vehicle! I currently own a 2500 Silverado Diesel and I love it. My hubby wants to convert it to bio-diesel because the insane diesel prices around here!!! I am a avid Chevy/GM LOVER and I have been for years! I usually buy trucks, but this car is going to be HOT!!! Besides, it will be nice to give my money to AMERICAN ELECTRIC COMPANIES rather than UNKNOWN OIL COMPANIES (we know where they are, but I thought I would be PC!) See ya'll next time! CHEVY LOVER, HEATHER!
I drive Chevy also and have for most of my life. I currently have 3 of them in my garage. I plan to buy a Volt one way or another when they are available. The only question is this: Which existing car will have to go down the road? The 59 Bel Air, The 73 Corvette, or the 04 Colorado? :confused: That's going to be a tough decision when the time comes. I love them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts