GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a solar power system on our property in 2015, I started researching EV's. It soon boiled down to the Volt; however there are few used or new Volts in Western Canada (no incentives) where I live. After a few months of searching I found a one-owner 2012, 31,000 km on the odo, which had been recently traded on a new Volt. However it was located in southern Ontario. After a lot of pleading to my wife, we flew east and picked up the car (spending a couple of days at Niagara Falls - my concession). Four days and 3465 km later we arrived home, after a problem free drive.
We were only able to charge the battery at a couple of hotels, with an overall trip average of 5.6L /100 km (or about 41.3 mpg). Now to do a few touch-ups and enjoy some non ICE drives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the group. Also, welcome to another Alberta Volt owner. That's pretty low mileage. I'm almost at that on my 2015. As you say, hard to find a Volt around these parts. I ended up factory ordering mine which was OK for me as I got it exactly the way I wanted it. You may also want to register your Volt on http://www.voltstats.net/ where you can monitor your usage and also see who else is in Alberta. Last number I saw was 107 registered in Alberta.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! Used volts are hard to find in Canada but they are out there! I see a number of volts on the road everyday in Toronto so more will become available as the 2017s begins its sell cycle and old volt owners trade in that 4 year old for a new one!
Nice drive by the way and that's great mileage given that you didn't get much of a chance to charge!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I hope to visit Alberta this summer. I will be looking out for you lucky Volt owners. I hope the wildland fires end soon. I hope that a revolution in electric transportation reduces carbon emissions and limits global warming to protect the forests of Canada for future generations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome cmcleod! Congrats on the solar and the Volt! We recently installed solar at our house, still looking for the right Volt, however.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Back when I ordered my Volt, a local dealership had a bunch of new 2012s they scooped from Alberta dealers. They were going for about 10k under sticker, but in the end I decided on a factory order 2013. Glad to see at least a few Volts in AB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts