GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I bought my first electric car about 5 months ago. I got a 2016 Nissan Leaf and I have to say I really love it. I especially love not having to make any trips to the gas station.

My wife had a 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid that is decent but it still has to stop at the gas station so I got to thinking it was time to put her in an electric too.

Yesterday I bought her a 2017 Volt LT after doing some research. My brother has had a Volt since 2012 and I've always liked it so I figured it would be the best way to get my wife on electric while keeping one vehicle that could make it from LA to Phoenix if we wanted.

I still love the Leaf and I think it's actually more comfortable and has better visibility but for the kid in me I love the performance of the Volt, especially in Sport mode.

Now my 10 kW solar array has to get busy keeping them both charged.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Greetings. I bought my first electric car about 5 months ago. I got a 2016 Nissan Leaf and I have to say I really love it. I especially love not having to make any trips to the gas station.

My wife had a 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid that is decent but it still has to stop at the gas station so I got to thinking it was time to put her in an electric too.

Yesterday I bought her a 2017 Volt LT after doing some research. My brother has had a Volt since 2012 and I've always liked it so I figured it would be the best way to get my wife on electric while keeping one vehicle that could make it from LA to Phoenix if we wanted.

I still love the Leaf and I think it's actually more comfortable and has better visibility but for the kid in me I love the performance of the Volt, especially in Sport mode.

Now my 10 kW solar array has to get busy keeping them both charged.
Congrats on your new Volt and LEAF. I also have the same two models as you, but my LEAF is 2011 model and the Volt is 2016. Unfortunately the LEAF battery has degraded, and its driving range is comparable to that of the Volt, about 60 miles. So it is used mainly for local trips. Consequently, the Volt sits in the garage a lot. My solar PV will get a workout as I now charge 2 EVs instead on one. Enjoy the EV drive!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts