GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
We all drive differently, and under different conditions, so it's hard to make meaningful comparisons...but my EV range is often in the high-60s-to-low-70s range. That's in miles, not kilometers, and I only count round-trips...so no cheating by coasting downhill, etc.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
.... Might have to go for a casual drive on Saturday to see if I can put up some impressive numbers.
"Impressive numbers" ? Just drive as slow as humanly possible.
Please, Please don't be in front of me messing up the flow of traffic and making a nuisance of yourself.

Every car model has it's Hypermiling 'enthusiasts'.

Why pinch those expensive watts when you are already driving the least expensive way there is??

Please don't make a bad name for the Volt the way some 'enthusiasts' did for the Prius.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine is never above 75km but I drive highway and deplete thé battery twice a day.

When in traffic I have done 80km my maximum to date over 16000km

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
You were right. It says 93km today, 2km higher than yesterday.
Good job !!!
You saved 2 cents.
Now drive slower.
SLOWER, I say. I mean real slow. You stand to save another 2 cents.

But please, don't be in front of me on public roads while you are being a cheap azz.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I left for work today mine read 68 miles of range. Highest yet for me and I'm driving the same route every day. It is supposed to get up to 80 today, so I'm expecting the range to jump again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good job !!!
You saved 2 cents.
Now drive slower.
SLOWER, I say. I mean real slow. You stand to save another 2 cents.

But please, don't be in front of me on public roads while you are being a cheap azz.
The sarcasm meter is flying northward here. I'll make sure to drive especially slow if you're behind.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The sarcasm meter is flying northward here. I'll make sure to drive especially slow if you're behind.
As long as you're at or slightly above the speed limit, I don't think anyone has a legit complaint. When I'm hyper-miling on the interstate, I stay in the right lane so people have 3 other lanes to buzz by me, even when I'm at the speed limit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
As long as you're at or slightly above the speed limit, I don't think anyone has a legit complaint. When I'm hyper-miling on the interstate, I stay in the right lane so people have 3 other lanes to buzz by me, even when I'm at the speed limit.
That's a behavior not many people have unfortunately.

Usually even I'm the left lane people feel that if they go the limit no one else should pass them...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
My first week of driving, mostly slow back roads. I'm 63 miles (101 km) EV range! :cool:

VoltRange20160507.jpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine's sitting at 114km (71 miles) right now. So far, it seems like I can usually beat the EV Range estimate when just driving around the area.

Yay !!

Do you know what happens if you drive even slower today,, just pinching those watts like there's no tomorrow?

Tomorrow that number will be your new: New high EV range today
We got the :rolleyes: there. For me, it's not about driving slower (I don't), it's about timing your coasting/braking just right...but only when it's polite to do so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine's sitting at 114km (71 miles) right now. So far, it seems like I can usually beat the EV Range estimate when just driving around the area.

We got the :rolleyes: there. For me, it's not about driving slower (I don't), it's about timing your coasting/braking just right...but only when it's polite to do so.
Even more polite is being like dax777 and putting solar electric and solar hot water AND driving the Gen2. Likely he just drives the Gen2 since how efficient it drives doesn't matter as long as he is on electric.....plus he doesn't have to worry he is driving around on coal dust instead of fairy dust.

Count me in with the idea of being energy independent and not having to worry about how much you use since the energy cost and eco impacts are non issues and enjoying the Gen2 becomes the big issue. Then you can race about or brake as you deem fits the circumstances or person feelings.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts