GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just bought my 13 gen 1 off lease this week to give to a daughter. Now without driving a 16, I leased one. It was through a broker and I never have driven one or been in one. It's a LTZ fully loaded. I overall love the car like I did the Gen 1.

BUT, it has a rumbling background noise. It is very deep (like a subwoofer sound), and starts immediately as the car rolls. I sounds like a quiet version of the windows open Gen 1 air buffeting sound. My wife is particularly sensitive to it and is very annoyed.

If anyone has any experience with that, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
If it's not "air hammer" from the Windows being open you have some other issue that is NOT NORMAL and needs to be addressed by your dealer.

Have you contacted your Volt Advisor yet? They can help you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Only heard when rolling, even at slow speed? I'm going to guess it is a wheel bearing, which could be dangerous.

No matter what it is, get it checked out!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Are you sure it isn't the low speed pedestrian alert.

3,608 Posts
Hi

I just bought my 13 gen 1 off lease this week to give to a daughter. Now without driving a 16, I leased one. It was through a broker and I never have driven one or been in one. It's a LTZ fully loaded. I overall love the car like I did the Gen 1.

BUT, it has a rumbling background noise. It is very deep (like a subwoofer sound), and starts immediately as the car rolls. I sounds like a quiet version of the windows open Gen 1 air buffeting sound. My wife is particularly sensitive to it and is very annoyed.

If anyone has any experience with that, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve,

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership? Our trained technicians would be more than happy to look into this further for you and discuss any possible, necessary repairs. I can also look into this further on my end and speak with my resources so that I may assist better.

If this interests you, please send a private message with your VIN, contact information, vehicle mileage and the name of your preferred dealership.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts