GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after a long research I have found out that volt is the best option for me. Just trying to find out best discounts, not much luck with PO so far. Also I was wondering if someone calculated if maintenance costs of volt are lower then conventional cars?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Glad you came to the conclusion that the Volt was the car for you. I'm surprised that maintenance costs were not investigated in your decision to get the Volt. Two-year oil-change intervals and 100,000 spark plugs are two items that stand out.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Hi, after a long research I have found out that volt is the best option for me. Just trying to find out best discounts, not much luck with PO so far. Also I was wondering if someone calculated if maintenance costs of volt are lower then conventional cars?
Ongoing maintenance is insanely inexpensive. If you're a "winter tires" sort, swapping those on and off is gonna be the bulk of the recurring expense. Otherwise it's an oil change when it tells you to, which can be two years apart. Collisions tend to be expensive to repair, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info. I actually did not calculated the cost of maintenance because I have assumed that it will be low.
Now I cannot find a thread or info where someone nicely described what to check on the volt when buying one. You know things like if latest software is installed, how many miles are on the odo meter and so on... complete check at the dealer before driving with it home. Can someone post a link? I think I have found it before in this forum, but I am not sure... Now I just cannot find it. Lost almost half of day searching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts