GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say Introduce myself to the forum and I'm looking forward to being a part of it. I think the ELR is one of the best looking cars out there. I get stopped all the time with people asking me about it since its such a rare and unique vehicle. It's definitely a great ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrads, and was wondering, did they sell these cars in Canada as I've never seen one here yet.

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@vman Thanks, they look great on the car with the white. They're the optional graphite black wheels that were offered on the car. @vespa the ELR was sold in Canada from what I know. I've seen some for sale on autotrader in Canada

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations on owning such a sweet ride! The other day a guy on the street literally stopped in his tracks, spun and pointed at ours as we drove by. It never gets old :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Grats and welcome! Hope it's a good car for you and is fun to talk about..

The most interesting reaction I had was while washing it. A Fed Ex driver pulled over at the end of the driveway to lean out of the truck and ask questions for a bit. Was the longest time I've ever seen a Fed Ex truck sitting still...

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you want a car that gets attention, get an ELR. I've always thought they have the best styling. I think the ELR was a victim of a lot of bad press that mostly wasn't deserved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I love the car, I've had it about a month now and really do get stopped all the time or have people wave or stare at it at intersections. I've probably been stopped about 25 times in parking lots in the month I've had it with people asking me about it and wanting to look at it. A lot of people think it's a concept car that's not available to buy. There's still a few for sale around the Detroit metro area so I just tell them to get one while they still can :) I brought it to a car show once here around Ann Arbor and had a group of about 50 people around it all the time checking it out through out the evening. People are surprised when I tell them it's a plug in hybrid, they usually think it has an engine out of a cts-v or something because it has that really sporty look. That's a big reason to why I got it because of the great looks and how smooth it drives. It is too bad that the volt couldn't look nearly as good. But at the price I got this vehicle I couldn't pass it up with being not much more than a fully loaded volt. I am looking forward to the next few years with the car, so far I'm really enjoying it!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have near enough 28k on mine and so far it has been a great ride. the only problem I have had was a failing touch screen and the dealer had a nest one overnight and installed while I waited, took about an hour and a half which included a wash.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If you want a car that gets attention, get an ELR. I've always thought they have the best styling. I think the ELR was a victim of a lot of bad press that mostly wasn't deserved.
Totally disagree. The bad press was very much deserved and GM brought it on themselves. Problem is that no one was held accountable for the ridiculous pricing - even with the price drop. GM had two options:

1. Create the ELR with the Voltec technology but with a much higher end ICE and electric motors, making it competitive with the BMW 3/4 Series. They chose not to do that, but set a price even higher to make it look even more ridiculous. A 1.8L iron-block ICE with an $80k price tag. Brilliant!

2. Create the ELR with enhancements but with the same core Volt pieces. That's what they did, but then still thought they could set the higher price.

When GM was forced to put the car at the $50k-$60k price, people started to consider and buy them. That's when I got mine, but that doesn't excuse GM's absolute stupidity.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats and have fun, I remember seeing these when they first came out and I assume there are some out there with good pricing now...just looked, just over $30k isn't a bad price for some. A few years from now an ELR might be an option for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts