GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Working for me.
This is the message I get when I click on the link:

The above content was sponsored. The advertiser paid a fee to promote this article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of Green Car Reports.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Turn off adblock.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Couldn't see due to the adblock because it's an actual ad from Chevy...lol

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Can somebody just post the dang link? I can't turn off adblock because it is done at the proxy.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Can somebody just post the dang link? I can't turn off adblock because it is done at the proxy.
It's the standard chevy volt ad written by chevy made to look like a review and of course it's all positive...There's no new info in the ad...

·
Registered
5,782 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Excellent article, hadn't seen that one before, thanks for sharing....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm sorry, you said Homelink mirror??? I couldn't find any reference to Homelink nor did I see it when I test drove a 17. My 17 Volt, Premier, was supposed to begin its build yesterday. Will it come with the new mirror?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I'm sorry, you said Homelink mirror??? I couldn't find any reference to Homelink nor did I see it when I test drove a 17. My 17 Volt, Premier, was supposed to begin its build yesterday. Will it come with the new mirror?
Got a $35 used Gentex homelink mirror off ebay...Pretty easy install but if that's not your thing call a couple car audio shops, should do it for $50; if they're charging more they're ripping you off, call additional shops...The premier comes with a harness for the autodimming mirror, the LT does not have autodimming nor a harness...GM stopped equipping vehicles with home link, they use their own "universal remote system" which is mounted on the overhead console vs the mirror if they equip a car with it...I'm not sure if the LT and Premier/autodimming is the same size mirror, but the Gentex mirror is much larger than the LT increasing it's rear visibility...

I am one of the few who actually NEED one single remote regardless if it's hardwired to the car since I have friends who live in gated communities who aren't willing to let me borrow their remotes long term but are happy to let program the remote into car...Cheap solution was a $35 mirror which gained me auto dimming and more rear visibility...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you Sir. I might just do that.

Great info ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts