GM Volt Forum banner

New Charge Point station open in Mississauga

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  stonegate volt 
#1 ·
Hey guys haven't bought my EV as of yet. That's okay though the weather has turned so I can ride my motorcycle. As I rode to work today I noticed that they opened a charging station on Viscount Road at Cell Phone Lot P which is next to the extended parking for Pearson Airport. Excuse my terminology as I am a newb I rode up to the pumps 5 in total with each pump having 2 types of charging cords and as far as i could tell it seems to be free. Can't wait to get an EV as this is around the corner from my workplace.

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
It's a cell-phone waiting lot so people do not clog up the airport, those signs are for everyone, not just those topping up their vehicle with free chargers. The 'don't leave vehicle unattended' address it is a super-short term courtesy parking lot. You wait for a text that someone's plane has landed and they are heading up to be picked up curbside.

#9 ·
Thanks for clearing that up. So these stations are really of little use to volt owners as 240 volt x 4 hours is what it takes to get a full charge. This may be a dumb question but do people plug in for 4 hours and then come back if they live or work near a free station?

#12 ·
#11 ·
About time they got some of these promised new stations installed. Originally govt said they would be operational by March but I seee so many are still "in progress".

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.