GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what prompted the car to give me this message today? Does it show up periodically? I had just started the car and was fiddling with starting my iPhone.

WARNING

Taking your eyes off the road too long or too often while using this system could cause a crash, resulting in injury or death to you or others. Focus your attention on driving.
Volt msg - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Doesn't the Gen 2 have some sort of lane keep assist? Perhaps it was active and monitors your head position. I can't imagine why it would do so if you were stopped, but that's the only explanation I can come up with. Of course take that with a grain of salt seeing as I'm new to Volt ownership, and only have a Gen 1 but it makes sense to me. :)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Did you enable ACC?
Sounds like a warning like Tesla has to have because people are stupid and think they can nod off and let the car drive itself.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
It's telling you that despite the system being on, you still have to pay attention to what's going on.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Was it in park? Fiddling around in drive would evoke nanny action.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have not taken the time to figure out how often this pops up, it may be 6 weeks like EMM. But, it makes sense that it only shows when you are parked. You should not be reading text while driving.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Mine does that at random too.
2016 Volt LT
No ACC or lane assist
Same here with my 2016 premier. Happens randomly usually see it just as I'm leaving home. Annoys me because it actually distracts me from driving becuase i have to read it then hit the ok button.

It has happened to me about a half dozen times in about a year of ownership.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Same here with my 2016 premier. Happens randomly usually see it just as I'm leaving home. Annoys me because it actually distracts me from driving becuase i have to read it then hit the ok button.

It has happened to me about a half dozen times in about a year of ownership.
It happened to me today when I turned on the Volt to check some data. also got the warning that EMM will occur. However, I pushed dismiss since I will be driving tomorrow so I think think I delayed EMM until then.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I've seen it occasionally, but not too often.
+1 on my 2017 with ACC/FAB/LKA. Just haven't paid attention to when or why it popped up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've seen it, but only when I first used Android Auto; I assumed it was related to that. If it does pop up randomly while driving, then that's an epic fail from a UI perspective, since it could cause the very dangerous behavior it warns against!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Happens every so often. its like the disclaimer you get on a GPS system ... doesnt seem to be any fixed schedule for it to happen - or none that I have noticed anyway.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've seen it pop up probably 10-12 times, maybe the interval is based on miles (at 35k) rather than time (11 months)
You already have 35k miles in 11 months? How many miles on gas? If you have a good fraction on gas, then I would think EMM events are infrequent.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This corporate legal boilerplate statement comes up every two weeks or so on mine. If anything, the extra effort to find and tap the corner button to agree and make it go away probably contributes to distracted driving more than a quick glance at our energy level or radio controls which was the reason you were looking at the screen in the first place.

·
4,850 Posts
I have not taken the time to figure out how often this pops up, it may be 6 weeks like EMM. But, it makes sense that it only shows when you are parked. You should not be reading text while driving.
Ironically, in the Gen 1 Volt, when driving and enabling Nav you sometimes get a lengthy warning about distracted driving. Small font that takes up the whole screen, and you need to press Ok. LOL

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
You already have 35k miles in 11 months? How many miles on gas? If you have a good fraction on gas, then I would think EMM events are infrequent.
See his sig for his voltstats page.

99.5% EV. MPG Ho indeed!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts