GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
All electric vehicles are great if you always have access to a charger.

Here in Northwestern Oregon you don't always have that option. The Volt suits are needs quite well in
this neck of the woods. I enjoy the ability with a push of a button with a charged battery to have my choice
of gas or electric with our 2016 Volt Premier. Here by the coast storms can sometimes knock out electricity for days, and few extra 5 gallon cans of gas in the garage can get you through it not so with a pure 100% electric vehicle.

GM should have been developing a SUV type Volt system with a fuel efficient gasoline engine that could deliver 40+mpg when operating just on gasoline, and battery, (7.2 KWH charge rate) capable of delivering 50-75 miles of pure 100% electric range, same as the volt with no gas engine powering up to give you extra propulsion power.

Make it all wheel drive with a high ground clearance and a range on gas only of 500 miles and you would have a winner in my book.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I suspect the photos were the camo'd Trailblazer, the SUV replacement for the cruze. Sized in between trax and Equinox and needing a longish nose for the ice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts