GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I've been browsing this forum for months now and finally bought a Blue Topaz 2012 right after Christmas. Going from my G37S coupe to the Volt was definitely a big change but I couldn't be happier. Great forum and I can't wait to continue browsing the host of threads on here.

Side note, but has anyone else noticed a knocking sound in the passenger side floor board when pulling away from a stop in battery mode? I haven't driven enough in gas mode to see if it happens there as well. It occurs as the car starts moving from a stop once the brake pedal is released. The noise is not loud, but it's definitely audible. Feedback would be great. Thanks!

And as an FYI, for anyone else in Maryland that travels, it's come to my attention that BWI airport has Level II EV charging free of charge in designated spots.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome to the asylum!

Nice to see another former 'high end luxury' owner slummin with us Chevy owners. (I gave up a BMW- many others have too)

Sure is a nice quiet vehicle, isn't it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome! Try search "1 week old Volt - low speed "click clacking" sound? normal? " for the floor sound. I just got mine corrected. Yours maybe a right front strut :p

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.

I've never heard a knocking sound when pulling out from a stop and such a sound would not be "normal".

·
Registered
435 Posts
Congratulations on your new Volt! I've had mine for over a year and it's still a dream to drive! No clicking at low speeds, however. Previous posters have said that it's a strut. Better have that looked at. Otherwise, enjoy all these posts and your new, silent glide as you drive!!

BTW, I too am in Maryland! Enjoy the O'Malley rebate! It's not often you can get state money back!

Volt 63

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Congrats! and Welcome to the fold. I hope you Love this car as much as most of us do.I too have a Blue Topaz Volt and have not heard that noise but as mentioned by others that seems to be a QC problem with the shock mount that GM missed on several Volts, probably in the interest of meeting production and sales goals for the 2011 & 2012 Volt runs.

Did you buy from Bob Bell Or Jerry's? I know they both had Blue Topaz available. If you join voltstats.net there is a Central Md. owners group that you could also join and when we have a get together the group should have grown from the last meetup we did with 4 Volts.

Enjoy.

3,606 Posts
Congratulations on the new Volt Jon89le! Welcome to the Volt family!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. It may not be a high-end luxury car but I'm still enjoying the compliments on the car. The comfort and amenities inside are very top notch. Everyone who has stepped into the car has been very impressed. I'm up in North East, MD but actually ended up picking up my Volt in Delaware just over the boarder. The knocking is nowhere near as loud as the video clip in the other thread. Its pretty faint, but noticeable given how noisy (not) the car is. I'll be driving up to the dealer for the noise tomorrow. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome - nice to have another MD Volt owner. Did you end up paying sales tax on your car? I applied for the $2,000 rebate via the DMV. Eight weeks later I called to find out where the rebate was - ended up the DMV told me I wasn't charged any sales tax when I purchased the car - which I was. Went back to the dealer and they cut me a check for my sales tax rebate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually did end up paying the sales tax since I failed to realize it was an excise tax credit and not a income credit when I bought the car. I told my dealer about the mixup and they ended up cutting me a check also.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It's definitely NOT normal. Glad you are getting it checked out. I am sure your dealer will get it corrected. You are going to love your new Volt! Best car I have ever owned in 34 years of driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts