GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely post to this forum, but I did have a 2013 Volt purchased in 2012. I traded it in last week for a 2018 Premier in cajun red with the two driver confidence packages and navigation. I really did not want the navigation, but it seems to be a standard option around here. The color choice for the 2018 is not great, and finding one in red in my area is like looking for hens teeth, so when a local dealer had one at a good price, I pounced. I like the way the 2018 drives especially the steering. I never liked the steering on the 2013 it was too sensitive. I also like the appearance of the 2018 more than the 2013.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Gardener, congrad's on your purchase and a good choice at that.

We had a 2014 Volt we purchased new in Oct. 2013, and after nearly 3 years traded it in for a red 2016 Volt Premier in July, 2016, which is the Gen 2 edition of the volt with an increase electric range and gas mpg improvement as well.

Our 2016 Volt's is my wife's car and the 2016 is big improvement over our 2014. We have 42,000 miles on our Volt, with nearly 14,000 miles just running on the 1.5 gas engine. Current summer range on a full electric charge is over 60 miles consistently, this morning it displays 66 miles of electric range.

Voltstats.net indicate over 48 mpg lifetime just on gas, and nearly 148 mpg overall since new. Last few round trips 130 miles or so we have been getting nearly 70 miles on a charge and 55+ mpg just on gas, which just on gas beats the last fill up for mpg on our 2010 Prius.

In my opinion no other vehicle you can buy in the U.S. has more technology per dollar than a Gen 2 Chevy Volt. A 100% electric car and with a push of a button your running on gasoline, reg. 87 octane at that, and you can hold your charge for those miles of city driving if you need to.

All those new plug in hybrids when pushed to the limit will kick in their gas engine for extra propulsion, but not the Volt. Some will run the gas engine in the winter just to keep warm. Not the Gen 2 Volt unless its 14F outside, and the 2019 it will be -13F below zero before the gas engine will kick in. The Volt a true 100% electric car when you want it to be, your choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts