GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 2017 Volt Premier yesterday trying to combat the 94 mi per day commute. Look forward to learning lots from the forum.

-Hoi

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Got my new 2017 Volt Premier yesterday trying to combat the 94 mi per day commute. Look forward to learning lots from the forum.

-Hoi
If that is one way, then of course you will burn some gas; however, if that is total trip...

If you can charge on the other end of that trip, you will be able to drive gas free ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First trip today and it got down the 47mi leg with 18mi spare. Charged for two hours and made it home just as it started using gas. Probably should have cut off mountain mode sooner and it would have made it with all electric.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a 70 mile (round trip) commute for work. All my budget math was based on using a little bit of gas each day, however my place of employment is very very interested in my proposal of installing a charger at work. (They have a huge solar array already in their attempts at being green)

Hell even if it's only a 120V line they run to a reserved EV space, I'd happily bring my own charger, even 8 hours @ 120V would be plenty to get me home on all electric :) Either way I'm excited at the idea of not having to put a drop in my tank during an entire month worth of work commute (1400 miles)

Just found out the TPW of my 2017 Heather Grey is 5-30-16 -- hoping it's not long after it shows up at the dealer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts