GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new owner (as of Saturday) of a 2017 Silver Ice Metallic Volt LT. After years of Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers it's the 2nd generation volt that has finally converted me into a better global citizen. I have to say, so far, this is one of the nicest cars I've ever owned - it's very comparable to some entry level luxury compacts in terms of fit, finish, cabin noise, technology and driver experience. Only disappointing thing so far is that the Android Auto wasn't already factory (or dealer) installed and will have to go back for the update.

Then to top it all off with my daily 40 mi round trip commute, looking forward to never having to worry about gas prices for the foreseeable future.

It also helps that I scored a fantastic deal after a week of negotiating with a couple of dealerships:

List: 34,175
Dealer Quote: 31,767
Conquest: -1000
GM Card: -3250 (with 3000[!] bonus earnings above and beyond redemption limit)
Federal Credit: -7500
State Rebate: -2000
---------
Net Price 18,017 + TTL

Honestly, surprised the dealers were willing to negotiate off MSRP so much with these just hitting the lots in my neck of the woods, as well as throwing in a lot of service perks and 3 years of On Star Guidance. Plus a high end of the black book value on my trade, with tax benefits for trading in = This is one very satisfied new owner!

Looking forward to joining the community!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
WOW, that's an awesome deal and welcome to the future/family. What are your charging options?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I think it will be about the best car deal I'll ever get (as a % off MSRP)

As for charging, it's just the 110v portable cord at home for now, but the company I work at also has 2 blink level 2 stations (with the bonus perk of those being some of the best parking spaces in the lot).

Looking into a Level 2 evse for home. I should be able to tap into a existing 220v 30A dryer socket in the garage - since I would never be running the dryer at 1AM-6AM. Still have some research to do on this front, though.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Brand new owner (as of Saturday) of a 2017 Silver Ice Metallic Volt LT. After years of Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers it's the 2nd generation volt that has finally converted me into a better global citizen. I have to say, so far, this is one of the nicest cars I've ever owned - it's very comparable to some entry level luxury compacts in terms of fit, finish, cabin noise, technology and driver experience. Only disappointing thing so far is that the Android Auto wasn't already factory (or dealer) installed and will have to go back for the update.

Then to top it all off with my daily 40 mi round trip commute, looking forward to never having to worry about gas prices for the foreseeable future.

It also helps that I scored a fantastic deal after a week of negotiating with a couple of dealerships:

List: 34,175
Dealer Quote: 31,767
Conquest: -1000
GM Card: -3250 (with 3000[!] bonus earnings above and beyond redemption limit)
Federal Credit: -7500
State Rebate: -2000
---------
Net Price 18,017 + TTL

Honestly, surprised the dealers were willing to negotiate off MSRP so much with these just hitting the lots in my neck of the woods, as well as throwing in a lot of service perks and 3 years of On Star Guidance. Plus a high end of the black book value on my trade, with tax benefits for trading in = This is one very satisfied new owner!

Looking forward to joining the community!

Where did you get the $3000 bonus earnings offer from? Ok, I where it came from, but no one has reported that being out there that I have seen. That's a big number! What are the details behind it? Good on what cars and what model years? Was it a mailing or internet offer? Expiration date?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a mailer back at the beginning of the month. Flyer says the bonus earnings are good May 3 through June 30th on eligible 2017s or any remaining 2016s.

Covers most chevy, Buick, gmcard and caddis as far as I can tell, even ones that are normally excluded (like the corvette).

I've gotten similar offers before, but usually in the Jan/Feb time frame - just so happens I was in the market. I haven't seen many others mention it here or on the volt reddit, either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice deal......where abouts are you in PA and what dealer did you end up using? I'm between York and Lancaster, but commute to MD every day so I have easy access to the Philly, Central PA, and Baltimore dealers. Looking to buy within the next month or so. The MD dealers are advertising better prices online (probably due to them also having MY16s as well), but its nice to see a PA dealer discounting as well.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Thanks - I think it will be about the best car deal I'll ever get (as a % off MSRP)

As for charging, it's just the 110v portable cord at home for now, but the company I work at also has 2 blink level 2 stations (with the bonus perk of those being some of the best parking spaces in the lot).

Looking into a Level 2 evse for home. I should be able to tap into a existing 220v 30A dryer socket in the garage - since I would never be running the dryer at 1AM-6AM. Still have some research to do on this front, though.
Sometimes we run errands and then want to charge after the errand before going out. If you need to share a circuit and want to be carefree about it, you can get something like the Dryer Buddy* (https://bsa-electronics.myshopify.com/collections/dryer-buddys).

* I don't have one. I'm also not affiliated in any way, I'm just aware of it because a guy who sells them posts here occasionally.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I got a mailer back at the beginning of the month. Flyer says the bonus earnings are good May 3 through June 30th on eligible 2017s or any remaining 2016s.

Covers most chevy, Buick, gmcard and caddis as far as I can tell, even ones that are normally excluded (like the corvette).

I've gotten similar offers before, but usually in the Jan/Feb time frame - just so happens I was in the market. I haven't seen many others mention it here or on the volt reddit, either.
When was the last time you redeemed your GM card earnings (if ever)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dealt with Bergey's and Fred Beans in the Doylestown area, ended up buying from Fred Beans. Both dealerships were pretty amenable and very courteous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When was the last time you redeemed your GM card earnings (if ever)?
I've had a GM card for nearly 10 years, but never redeemed earnings or cashed in on one of these bonus. Honestly, I don't even use the card that much - only when Amex isnt accepted. Past offers have been "topped up" to $1K, maybe 2K, but had to jump at this deal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dealt with Bergey's and Fred Beans in the Doylestown area, ended up buying from Fred Beans. Both dealerships were pretty amenable and very courteous.
Awesome, thanks. I have been watching Bergey's inventory pretty regularly, as I was thinking about buying a used MY13 last year and they seemed to always have good/realistic prices advertised on their used Volt inventory. Glad to hear that the communication from both dealers was good. I'm hoping to use some of the Philly/Baltimore dealers to leverage on of my locals to give me a price I'm willing to work with. I don't mind driving to buy, but would prefer to buy locally if possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts