GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Finally received the factory manual. When plugging charger into vehicle the blue charging light starts flashing (per manual indicates charger is "charging")

After a few seconds blue charging light goes solid blue (per manual sold blue light indicates vehicle is fully "charged"

Measured 240v at EVSE inputs. Good grounds, no leakage, dedicated circuit. I guess a visit to the dealer is next

Anyway to measure EVSE output without removing cover and voiding warranty. Any place under the hood I can measure voltage supplied to vehicle?
Sounds like the EVSE is at fault. It thinks the car is fully charged when it is not and you already mentioned that your car charges at public charging stations.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
So the charger says when the car is fully charged, not the vehicle?

A big thanks to all who have contributed their input.
No, but the EVSE should shut down when it detects no more current flowing. I doubt that the car is telling the EVSE that it is full, rather it is the EVSE THINKING that the car is full.
Indecently the "charger" is in the car not on the wall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.