GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody!

Just got my Volt 2 days ago! Previous car was a 2007 Accord that I got when I turned 20... recently turned 30, and got myself an M1 and a beater bike to learn how to ride. After riding over 3,000 miles in less than a month, I felt comfortable enough to get a new shiny bike! I was interested in purchasing a Zero Motorcycle (all electric), went to the dealership, picked one out and everything. Went home to get my finances lined up, with the intent to pick up the bike within the next few days.... but then my Accord decided to die on me. So the money for the bike went towards my new Volt.

The Accord had been giving me a lot of problems the past few months, so I decided to end it. It lasted me through my 20's, so hopefully the Volt can last me through my 30's! After talking to at least 12 different dealerships through out SoCal, I was able to pick this one up for $31,000 out the door with 0% APR! LT trim with Comfort Package. Still less than 100 miles on it as my bike is still my daily commuter (LA traffic..), but tomorrow's forecast is rain.. so I'll take it to work for the first time! My daily work commute is approximately 65 miles, and they won't let me charge, so let's hope I don't use that much gas.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Congratulations on your new Volt. If you start out your commute with a full battery you will probably use less gas that you will use when riding the motorcycle on the same route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lane Splitting

The OP is in Cali and can legally lane-split. That can save a significant amount of time in a 65 mile Cali commute. Besides, two-wheels is great therapy. I know my work day goes better when it's book-ended by a ride to/from work.

Congratulations on your new Volt. Great color choice!

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can get into a lot of bad habits self-teaching how to ride a motorcycle. (I did,years ago) Enroll in a motorcycle safety course (beginner and advanced) without delay.
Enjoy your new Volt. It is an amazing car. Nice to see some bargains out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Traffic is pretty bad on my commute, so despite being more fuel efficient, I rather take my bike to save time. Looking at about 30 minute ride vs over an hour car ride. Also helps keep mileage low on my Volt. I had over 200K miles on my Accord by the end of it's life!

timoshev - I have taken the MSF for my M1, thanks for the advice though!

adoreizi - I was born in 87, so I guess I'm a millennial? Having a bike definitely makes me feel better about owning a hybrid... if you told me 10 years ago I'd be driving around a hybrid, let alone an American car, I would not believe you. I went through my import tuner phase back in high school :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts