GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near Grand Rapids, MI. Just purchased a 2015 Volt premium pkg, Sandstone w/ black leather and the funky black insert wheels. Was the last 2015 lingering at the dealer and never titled. Just 60 miles on the odometer. Not my preferred color combo, but the price was right and others in the area had been titled as demos and that made me leery of IRS tax credit eligibilty. Yes, I have enough taxes due to get the full credit.
$37,260 MSRP window sticker
$3,500 GM rebates
Asking price (after rebate) $24,249 (out the door $26,159)
Had a rough 2009 Sonata w/ 189k miles for a trade. Bought as a prior rental at 48k. Had a $2,200 cash offer on craigslist. Dealer initially offered $1,000.
After some haggling, ended up doing $22,500 out the door (with the trade) with 6% sales tax, $210 doc fee, $23 title/plate transfer.
After the tax credit next year, will be at a net $15,000. They even honored the $100 accessory coupon, so I got a set of OEM Volt winter floor mats.
I'm not GMS, nor do I have GM card. Wife had educator deal, but this was better option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice deal, Measella!

I've mostly been looking at used Volts but I've been calling around and seeing what kind of deals are available on leftover 14s and 15s. I haven't found anyone close to your price yet, guess I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Todd Wenzel Chevy in Hudsonville, MI has two demo 2014 (black and sliver, if I recall). They are not really sure about the title status for tax credit purposes. I think they had about 7k miles on them. Their website pricing ($34k) is way higher than what is shown on auto trader ($25k-$26k). They were running a $5k for any trade promo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Todd Wenzel Chevy in Hudsonville, MI has two demo 2014 (black and sliver, if I recall). They are not really sure about the title status for tax credit purposes. I think they had about 7k miles on them. Their website pricing ($34k) is way higher than what is shown on auto trader ($25k-$26k). They were running a $5k for any trade promo.
Thanks! I was hoping for a premium model but for the right price, I might change my mind. As long as one is listed as the 1st owner (other than the dealer) it should be eligible for the tax credit. Definitely need to verify that!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I also live in Michigan I'm finding it hard to get good lease deals were they offering anything leased at a good price? Where is this at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts