GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

Just purchased my new to me 2015 Volt Base, with 26K miles in Kentucky, and drove it back to Nashville.

Pretty excited, as a GM Manufacturing Engineer I was responsible in 2011ish for Launching half of the Family 0 (Engine in the Volt) Head Machining line, so I got about a 50% chance for having a head machined in the line I was responsible of setting up.

So far so good. Excited to learn more about the Volt, as it's truly an awesome vehicle.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. The 2015MY is the best version of the gen 1. I think the 2015 got a battery boost over the 13's & 14's although they didn't recertify the EPA ratings. You should be able to easily beat the 38mi EV EPA rating.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Welcome to the cult, from another Music City native.

·
Administrator
20,196 Posts
My 2011 is still a great car, very happy with it's head machining. My Bolt on the other hand, there just isn't a whole lot I can say about the head machining on that car... :)

Because of GM's limited rollout availability at the time, I bought my Volt in Long Island, NY and drove it back to IL. My wife and I took turns reading the owner's manual cover to cover during the drive home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.

I grew up in Illinois actually, lived in Michigan the last 10 years, and moved to Nashville about a year ago, launching a new product at the old Saturn Plant (Now a Regular GM Plant) in Springhill, TN.

Still waiting to get a clear bra installed on the front of the car, but pretty excited to drive it to work, and charge for free. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your thread is super coincidental; i'm also a GM employee (stationed in Michigan, though!) and i'm going to be buying a 2015 Volt tomorrow!

Congrats on the purchase! It's always exciting to drive a product you've worked on.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to the best kept automotive secret :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts