GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe Morries Cadillac in Minneapolis has a new 2014 (being titled as new) ELR for $36k with 10k miles. Sales mentioned it was being titled as new and may qualify for the $7,500 tax incentive. If that's true, it's a phenomenal deal. I already have one and another won't do me much good.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
What is the VIN?

The 5th character of the VIN indicates the options.

L = base
M = luxury only
N = kona only
P = luxury & kona
R = luxury & adaptive cruise
S = luxury, kona & adaptive cruise

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's a good lookin' ELR. If it was red, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
How can you sell a vehicle with 10k miles as new? Did Morrie's spouse drive it for a year?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not the potential steal discussed but still seems a solid deal:
cars.com /vehicledetail/detail/655994469/overview/
<Excuse the forced spacing as I am too new to the forum to post links>

"Used" 2014 Silver w/ Luxury Pkg, ACC, & Kona Seats

1.5K miles, un-titled and listed for $39.7K. A full tax rebate would bring it down to cost to $32.7K

Also worth noting (based on what I have recently learned from FloridaMatt), the VIN indicates it to be a pre-production model built October 2013 or earlier.
VIN: 1G6RS1E41EU130519

Hope someone enjoys it!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here's a temptation: 2014 new ELR MSRP $83,575, dealer's asking $36,759. Minus $7,500 Fed + $4,358.45 CO tax credits puts my ultimate cash price at an amazing $24,901. Looks like the NADA clean trade in value of my 2015 Volt is $23,350, and my net all-in cash cost was less than $16,000.

I am thinking about trading up to ELR--not necessarily on this one, but maybe waiting until the "new" wears off on unsold new 2015-16 ELRs in a year or two to make this move. The SM of my Chevy dealer has confirmed that they will do ELR service and warranty work, although they are not a Cadillac dealer. Anybody have thoughts on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts