GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
So is there something about the C-Class that we don't know? Has MB actually been hiding this tech from us all these years?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I thought our batteries were actually roughly the form factor of AA cells. They're just grouped into battery packs with some extra hardware for cell health monitoring. Then these packs are grouped into larger packs with additional hardware for cell monitoring. So this video is somewhat based on reality, which is something I think the creators didn't actually know about.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought our batteries were actually roughly the form factor of AA cells. They're just grouped into battery packs with some extra hardware for cell health monitoring. Then these packs are grouped into larger packs with additional hardware for cell monitoring. So this video is somewhat based on reality, which is something I think the creators didn't actually know about.
Tesla started out using 18650 cells, which are 18mm diameter and 65mm length. Now, they use a customized "2270" battery, I believe.

The Volt/Bolt batteries are "thin pack" batteries that are square/rectangular in format.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts