GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a battle with GM over what is covered by the warranty and my used Volt was missing the warranty booklet. Are there any kind people out there with a 2013 Volt that can take some pics or scan a few pages from their 2013 warranty booklet? I'm trying to prove the battery charger control module/battery charger/charge module.. (so many names for the same part) is covered by the Voltec warranty for 100k miles. I'd be forever indebted to you! Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have been looking for the same info - I bought the Volt used and it had no warranty manual. So far I can't find the 2013 info. The following is a link listing Voltec coverage for current models, and a pdf of the 2016 booklet. Both seem to indicate coverage for the module in question, but can't prove that applies on 2013s. Good luck, and if you do find something please post it!

https://www.chevynorthcountry.com/parts-and-service/warranty-information/volthybrid-warranty/

View attachment 2k16chevylimitedwty3rdPrint.pdf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MinnVolt. Yeah it's nuts that it can't be found anywhere online. I can find 2012 and 2015 and later... but 2013 eludes me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 2013 came with the warranty booklet. I'll check tomorrow. If I *DO* have it, I'm assuming you're looking for the pages that list the details on what constitutes a "drive train".

I'm planning on taking my Volt in soon - I've got about 99K miles on it, and since mid-summer, my miles per electric charge has dropped by about a third. It's throwing a P0ACB code - Hybrid battery temp sensor #3 - performance.

I have an incentive to find out what's covered, too!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
That's awesome, BillG! This helps me too.

By the way, you have pages 30 and 33 of the Emission Warranty Parts List section. Does that mean that pages 31-32 are missing?

·
Registered
193 Posts
By the way, you have pages 30 and 33 of the Emission Warranty Parts List section. Does that mean that pages 31-32 are missing?
No, pages 31-32 don't reference the Voltec system. Page 30 defines the * and ** and * ** references. I have the whole book, if you think you need more pages.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
No, pages 31-32 don't reference the Voltec system. Page 30 defines the * and ** and * ** references. I have the whole book, if you think you need more pages.
No, I was confused. I thought you were trying to include the emission warranty as well, but by your explanation I see that you were including the foot notes. Thanks for the clarification and thanks also for the information!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts