GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

If you could. Just curious on what you think of it.

So far in 9 months in emails have been, "I smile every time" or "Best $410 ever"..

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
FYI, I believe the "tunes" here refer to hot rod tuning the Volt.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was asking users that have been using my handheld tuner, that where using our performance tunes, how they liked them so far after months of using them..

I like to hear the feedback one way or another.

Even though everything is fully custom on what they requested.

I have not heard of anything bad, and I just wanted to make sure 100% of the people where happy with them.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sounds like a backhanded way to get sales for something that was never proven to work in the first place ....

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
What exactly will your "TUNE" do for a Volt? Inquiring minds want to know, faster acceleration, better CS fuel mileage, higher AER's???

As a long time Corvette owner I'm familiar with after market "tuning" for those cars, but the Volt is a different animal and wasn't aware "software tuning" was available for the Volt.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You made a bunch of claims in February and one in May and then disappeared, never anything to back it up.

So where is the Dyno "proof"? yah, I thought so, So how did the Karma mods go since you posted you stopped working on the Volt?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Henry, I play with the fisker every day. It is a fun car.

When I "disappeared" I was done setting up EFIlive for you guys to be able to set up and tune the computer on your car to customize it to how you wanted. So I wasn't needed to be here since no people wanted to customize the stuff themselves.

So I just started offering premade handhelds for the cars instead.

Even though EFIlive is still available for people to tune themselves.

Dyno proof does nothing. You cant show "horsepower" like a normal gas motor would as there is no transmission on this car like a normal car would. Nor do videos count obviously, as I posted all that stuff before and still people said it is impossible. Lol. I posted them all raw, uncut, unedited. Even showed what and where it was to much for the system..

The software was done, so why should I keep doing the software if there is nothing more to do... That don't make sense.. lol

I like how you are still saying it is all not true. Even though it can be 100% proven. Even by yourself and you still deny it.... lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What exactly will your "TUNE" do for a Volt? Inquiring minds want to know, faster acceleration, better CS fuel mileage, higher AER's???

As a long time Corvette owner I'm familiar with after market "tuning" for those cars, but the Volt is a different animal and wasn't aware "software tuning" was available for the Volt.
It makes everything better as far as a driving stand point.

Faster when you want to be faster, or slower. They are fully customizable to what you want as an end user. I can do just about anything..

Want more regen, ok.
Want it faster in a set mode? ok
Want it to have less power? ok.
more or less braking. not a problem.
Even make gas motor never turn on even in cold...

99% of the people just want the fast modes. It makes the car a lot more fun.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
It makes everything better as far as a driving stand point.

Faster when you want to be faster, or slower. They are fully customizable to what you want as an end user. I can do just about anything..

Want more regen, ok.
Want it faster in a set mode? ok
Want it to have less power? ok.
more or less braking. not a problem.
Even make gas motor never turn on even in cold...

99% of the people just want the fast modes. It makes the car a lot more fun.
Good info, but until my warranty expires I won't be messing with all the code. But I'm sure there are a few brave souls that will try it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Allow the car to use 100% of the traction battery?
You can access the full output value in kw from the battery itself.

However you cannot change the amount of energy you can add or subtract from its reserve.

For example if you have a 0 to 500kw volume battery and the system only uses 30-450kw for its charging state, you should not ever change that. It is the happy spot of the battery and keeps the life of the battery lasting longer.
I full charge would hurt the battery. So does to low of a charge.. That is why they have the volt set where its at. It keeps the life of the battery better that way.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have not used your performance tuning code. Like Bazinga, I would never consider it during the warranty period.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My response if you read the previous post was, that dyno sheets, dyno videos, driving videos, ect, where not good enough and will never be proof enough....

This thread was not about you henry, as you are not a customer of mine. If you re read the title and the first thread you will see that.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm not a current customer, but i did see that original thread a while back and still curious as to what you're offering. I've been trying to sample the "other" tune but they seem busy and can't respond quickly.

In any case, i am curious as to what it entails, what can be done, what times to expect (and how it achieves it,) if there's some type of "valet mode" or whatnot. Better yet, if you already have a site that describes the tune, please share. I am not looking for all-out performance, but a little "kick" for DD to start, and the ability to turn it up for track would be nice.

Thank you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The tunes could implement that exactly if that is what you desire soundmike.

I can do anything like that.

Valet mode could be speed limited and power limited or just one or the other. That is a simple request.

Like when they floor it in any mode it would have just enough power to get to your desired speed limit

As for the power kick and Fake nitrous modes, I can do that as well..

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts