GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I read about the wind buffeting kit (or anti-buffeting) to cut window noise. Can anyone point me to the thread? The OP showed a picture of his red Volt. I searched but can't seem to find the thread.
I was at my dealer for a slow tire leak (all tires have developed leaks or nails) and I asked about the kit. The service writer knew nothing. The parts dept. wanted the part number. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I asked about the wind buffeting kit last time I was at the dealership. They said that for used cars it isn't part of the warranty. It would be almost $500 to install it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Before my initial warranty expired I spent a few hours testing wind buffeting, separately with 1, 2 and 3 people in the car, at steady speeds ranging from 20 to 85 mph. I was trying to decide if I should get the buffeting kit. What I found was that it is much ado about nothing- open either back window about 1 inch and the buffeting goes away,
Try it before you worry too much.
Paul

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mirror kit FP 22778043. Installed per DOC 3631926. The two parts are shipped
Primed. Dealer painted to match factory finish. Required 3 days.
Note: open-window buffeting was largely eliminated, but a low level windflutter seemed to increase slightly.
Bottom line: crack a rear window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts