GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Unfortunately I need recommendations of a reputable and reliable body shop in the Seattle area.

A strong gust of wind caught my driver's side door this afternoon and violently yanked it open, so violently that the door panel appears to have dented the front quarter panel. I'm also uncertain whether the forcible opening deformed whatever frame piece they are mounted to. Like I said, it was an insanely strong gust of wind, and the opening was pretty violent.

This was on the descent from Snoqualmie Pass, in case you're curious. They had high wind warnings today.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Can't help you with a recommendation. Sorry about that. Given this might be an expensive repair, hhere is some general advice if you decide you will make a claim on your insurance policy:

The insurance company probably has a one stop shop which makes it easy to repair. With the type of problem you have I wouldn't use that source. All they will do is fix what the adjuster sees as damage, and the adjuster is trained to do the minimum and assume the minimum damage. So for example, you might need a new door and/or a new panel, but the adjuster won't issue that as the necessary repair. And if that's not on the repair sheet the insurance company body shop won't challenge that assessment even if you need a new door. It will just fix the door. So finding a good independent body shop should be high on your list. They will find the damage and get the insurance company to pay for all necessary repairs.

Anyway, so sorry to hear about the problem. Those must have been strong winds. Hopefully your car is still derivable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.