GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of stock wheels and 215/60/16 size winter tires from my old Bonneville (RIP at 268,000 miles).

Looking at the stats from wheel-size.com for a 2014 Volt and 1997 Bonneville SSEi with 16 inch wheels. Can't directly link yet :(.

It appears wheel width, center bore, thread size, and bolt pattern are a match.

However the major difference is the positive offset for the Volt wheels show 38 and 46 for the Bonneville wheels. I'm not sure how this affects the compatibility if at all. Any help on this would be appreciated. If you need more info just ask.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The inside edges of the tires may rub the suspension components on the Volt. 8mm is only a third of an inch, but tolerances in that area are a little tight. Additionally, the car's dynamics in a tight steer may be affected. If you're a moderate driver it probably won't make a difference.

Worst case scenario, you need to get some 8mm spacers and longer bolts. Unfortunately, the Volt's bolts are mounted through the hub rather than through the wheel, so it's a little more complicated.

Try them out. Make sure they spin okay when the car's up in the air, and take it for a slow drive around a parking lot. Check for rubbing marks on the shocks and struts when you get back in.

--Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts