GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need either a comprehensive list of all parts within a 2013 Volt that are defined (by GM) as "Voltec components" or a GM-created/approved definition of what constitutes a "Voltec Component".

Does such a thing exist?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The only place I know of with a comprehensive and accurate "list" is the warranty labor time guide. You won't be able to get your hands on that....nor can I anymore. There are "policy" codes on every labor operation which dictate coverage of various vehicle warranties.

When there is a question, always ask what the Labor Time Guide coverage code(s) is/are for the operation being performed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
With your 2013 Volt you should have received a "2013 Chevrolet Limited Warranty and Owners Assistance Information" booklet (usually left in the glove compartment) . In that booklet you will find two sections that pertain to the Voltec-specific warranty. Pages 14-16 provide a high level overview of the Volt specific warranty. Pages 33-34 list the Voltec specific components. As dznf0g's noted below, warranty labor time guide may be more definitive, but if you asking a dealer service center to repair a Voltec component, being able to point them to the component as listed in your warranty booklet can sometime get warranty coverage.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Here is a general guide to components on a Voltec warranty. Any component that is working is under the Voltec warranty. Any component that is not working is not under the Voltec warranty.

Sorry I couldn't resist. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem finding this list for my 2012. And repeated warnings, "high voltage charging system" traced to the battery coolant sensor are not covered, they say, because "coolant" is something found ICE vehicles so not so special that it's covered. I think they've tightened up their policy and pulled the resources from the internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts