GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this little trick the other day and thought I'd share. If you are driving towards a destination with the Volt GPS, then if you press and hold one of the radio preset buttons, it becomes a preset for that destination. So you could put your Home and Work as buttons and start guidance towards them with the press of a button.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My husband has a 2015 Colorado with MyLink and while it's not as easy to do, this trick works in that version as well.

BTW, I haven't tried this, but I presume that the FAV up/down buttons on the steering wheel skip over those presets... otherwise, that might be a tad disconcerting to be listening to a radio station, tap the FAV UP button and start routing to a destination.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
'14 ELR CUE does this as well. However, if I drive somewhere often I really don't need NAV to do it. I still have a memory even though I'm technically old. The use of 'ET go home' is handy if you get lost a lot, but, I don't do that either.

IOW, it's a neat feature that I don't use. I had a couple set and overwrote them.

No, ELR won't cycle to navigation when changing radio channels. Have to change source first and source cannot be NAV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts