GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted to let everyone know that a new App is available for iPhone. It is called MyVoltControl.

MyVoltControl consolidates three Android apps: MyVoltHold, MyVoltLifetime, and MyVoltCapacity, which have been developed by Brianbri6. This app was created with his agreement and support.

MyVoltControl is designed for use with the OBDLink MX+ adapter and the OBDLink MX-WiFi adapter. It may work with other WiFi adapters. (It does not work with Bluetooth 4.0 (LE) adapters.)

I hope you find it useful.
Barry

Update from below: "To be clear, while LX (and MX) versions work with Android, they cannot work with iPhone. MyVoltControl requires MX+ or WiFi."

·
Super Moderator
6,437 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,437 Posts
why would you use this? for what purpose?
The LX version of the adapter can be used as well the MX versions. I underlined L in the LX to signify that.

https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthrea...-developer-MyVoltApp&highlight=myvoltcapacity
A developer (not me) created a basic UI interface to get the "value the hybrid module calculates from your battery charge cycles to track how much overall capacity is left." They indicate it is "not about usable capacity!"

Appears the concept is so you can monitor your car over time. They are considering some changes to the app possibly to help the user track their values.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The LX version of the adapter can be used as well the MX versions. I underlined L in the LX to signify that.
Scott, thanks for the interesting link.

To be clear, while LX (and MX) versions work with Android, they cannot work with iPhone. MyVoltControl requires MX+ or WiFi.

·
Super Moderator
6,437 Posts
Scott, thanks for the interesting link.
To be clear, while LX (and MX) versions work with Android, they cannot work with iPhone. MyVoltControl requires MX+ or WiFi.
Thank you for the clarification!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Version 1.1 is now available.
- This adds the ability to force the engine off even below the CS threshold.
- The Battery Capacity test is now available on 2019 as well.
- You can now export the raw data from the Cell Balance test.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How does the "MyVoltControl" App compare to the "MyGreenVolt" App?

Note that the "OBDLink MX-WiFi adapter" is no longer available on Amazon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two apps are nothing alike.

No one should buy (even if they could) an MX-WiFi. The MX+ is cheaper and better. But there are a large number of the MX-WiFi out there that were purchased when that was the only option for iPhone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts