GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - new to the forum with a 2012 Volt. I've read the OnStar update thread and searched the forum.

Here's my problem: Until 11/2/11 everything worked perfectly. I was able to use RemoteLink on my Android phone to get the status of my volt: range, MPG, EV miles, Tank Level, Tire pressure, etc. However, now nothing works - I get this error message when using RemoteLink: "Unable to refresh data. Unable to connect to the vehicle. Please drive the vehicle and try again. If this issue persists, press the blue OnStar button and ask for Technical Assistance. (216)." I pressed the OnStar button - they opened up a case, but I've heard nothing.

Additionally, the MyVolt website is "Unable to update charging information. Try again?" No updates or status from my volt - no diagnostic report since 10/8/11. My question - is there something wrong with my 2012 volt or are both the MyVolt Website and RemoteLink broke. I called OnStar and they were clueless. Finally put me in touch with someone who told me the 2012 Volt apps were disabled. Is this true?

Thanks,
-gt4fore

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I brought mine home on 11/7/2011 and have been getting updates pretty regular. Some times it gives the refresh message but mine does refresh and gives the correct info. I am only using a computer to access not a phone app.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am having the same problem. Mine worked the first few days and now the last 6-7 days mine is not working on my iPhone or the my volt site. they also opened a case and have heard nothing.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi gt4fore, welcome! Hey, I posted about the 216 error a couple weeks ago when I had the same problem, see here:
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?9780-myvolt.com-issues&p=95986#post95986

Summarizing that post, apparently the data packet in the Volt can get corrupted and On Star can't access it. You have to call On Star during normal M-F 8-5 Eastern business hours and speak with tech support (the normal On Star reps can't help you). They will remotely reset your data and then guide your through a manual drive cycle. After doing this, I haven't had any issues.

-JT

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank-you for the responses.

Apparently, the first tech I contacted at OnStar, a week or so ago, did not follow through. I just contacted OnStar again - from the car, the first person I spoke with patched me through to "tech support". After explaining the problem, she ran a check of my cars system and told me some settings needed to be updated. After waiting for about 7 minutes for the process to complete. Following her instructions, I powered off the car - waited for another 3 minutes then powered the car back on. Now everything is working perfectly - both the MyVolt website and RemoteLink aps work :)

Basically, the same deal as JT described in the previous post. Thanks JT.

-gt4fore

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm starting to get concerned. The problem came back - exactly like before - corrupt data packet. Unable to update any information on the MyVolt website or the RemoteLink app on my Droid. Called OnStar and they updated / reset the software on my Volts OnStar system. It works now, however, since this is the second time I'm sure it will happen again. Has anyone else had this happen to them more than once?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I went through 3 calls to Onstar to get my 2012 working, they mentioned forcing an update to the car via Onstar to get it to work.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hey gt4fore, sorry to hear this happened again. It hasn't happened to me since the 1 time in Nov. I hope this isn't indicative of a recurring problem. It may be totally unrelated, but I also kept triggering my MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) using the "double-clutch" technique on my charge plug to temporarily overide my delayed charging at work. This happens if you unplug too quickly after first plugging in. After this happened to me 2-3 times, I switched to using the temporary overide option from the center stack software that pops up when you open the charge port door. Anyway, I don't know if that contributed to my data packet corruption, but I haven't had any problems with OnStar or my MIL since.

-JT

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
solar_dave / JT - Thanks for the responses. To the best of my knowledge - I haven't done anything different or triggered the MIL. Chevrolet says the problem is def with OnStar. The kewl thing is, OnStar apologized for the inconvenience and gave me another 100 minutes of hands free calling.
Still hoping the problem does not reoccur a third time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Starting to get concerned. This happens to my Volt every week or so - too many times to count. Had the car to my local dealer - without any resolution. OnStar isn't much help either. Currently, unable to contact my volt since 4/29/12. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Starting to get concerned. This happens to my Volt every week or so - too many times to count. Had the car to my local dealer - without any resolution. OnStar isn't much help either. Currently, unable to contact my volt since 4/29/12. Any suggestions?
I have had that happen a number times, but usually if I log out and log back in, it starts working correctly. Same thing on the iphone app.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As usual - mine is still dead - logging out and back in again does not make any difference.

-gt4fore

·
Registered
13 Posts
Add me to the list of folks having this issue. I have not been able to connect to my Volt since 4/22/2012 - web or iphone. I have deleted the app on the phone and reinstalled it as well. I spent 90 minutes on the phone with OnStar last evening in which Frances disconnected me and connected me. I am still receiving a cannot connect on the web and a 210, 216 on my phone.
I sent off an email to the Volt Advisory team this AM and am hoping they can help me resolve this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another OnStar Issue

I am also experiencing this problem. I'm sorry to see that this problem has existed before I even bought my Volt in December 2011. I never had a problem with it until I picked it up after the battery modification. I was certain that this had something to do with it...I guess I was wrong since so many others are having the same problem. I called OnStar tonight and they acted like I was the first person to call in about this. They then said they needed to send a program update. After this "update" I still have the same problem. I sure hope they find a resolution to it. Ugh!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Volt and the OnStar RemoteLink application are working again as of last week :)

I am guessing that the myvolt.com rollout could not communicate to cars that were not upgraded to the software that will output data to the new objects on myvolt.com. but that is only a guess.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I can log in and see current charging status, but OnStar is showing no charging deatils for me since last Wed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts