GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've had a lot of recent issues with connecting to my Volt via the MyVolt site and the Onstar app for Android app. As of last week I thought that Onstar finally had the problem(s) solved. Then I came to work this week and I cannot reliably connect via the Google Chrome Browser. It works maybe two times out of ten. So I tried using the Internet Explorer browser and it seems to work ever time.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so do you know of a "fix?"

Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I use Chrome at home and have yet to have a problem (I've had my volt for two months). I will have have some connection issues with the onstar app.

·
Registered
595 Posts
also for me the Remote Start cannot work in Chrome, because the PIN entry frame is broken, can't actually enter any digits.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've had issues with Chrome and the MyVolt site as well. I've noticed that the first time that I try to log in the "connecting to your volt" box in the upper-mid right of the display does not show up and I receive no data. If I logout and immediately log in again I am typically able to connect. This does not happen every time. With IE I have not experienced any errors.

I have not had much in the way of issues with the Android app. I use it mostly to remote start my car.

At work I have given up on using the myvolt site to start the car. Instead I use a slightly modified version of the script found here http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?9967-Script-to-start-the-Volt. I modified it to provide some feedback as to what it was doing and to remove the hardcoding of the login information. Works like a champ. Now I can double-click an icon to start the car and not worry about logging in to the myvolt site.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi doudis2,

I am sorry that you are experiencing concerns with Google Chrome. While onstar.com and myvolt.com were designed for Internet Explorer, you should be able to access your vehicle using Google Chrome. Perhaps the browser's settings are not configured correctly.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Hi Guys,

I've had a lot of recent issues with connecting to my Volt via the MyVolt site and the Onstar app for Android app. As of last week I thought that Onstar finally had the problem(s) solved. Then I came to work this week and I cannot reliably connect via the Google Chrome Browser. It works maybe two times out of ten. So I tried using the Internet Explorer browser and it seems to work ever time.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so do you know of a "fix?"

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
It just took me about 4-5 minutes of waiting on the login screen and onstar update to find out how much charge my Volt has on it. IE 8.0.6001

Definitely the slowest web site I've ever used. Been slow since I started using it in July but today was the slowest.

I do IT systems Performance Tuning for my career and definitely think something is wrong with the system if it takes that long to work.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi doudis2,

I am sorry that you are experiencing concerns with Google Chrome. While onstar.com and myvolt.com were designed for Internet Explorer, you should be able to access your vehicle using Google Chrome. Perhaps the browser's settings are not configured correctly.

Corbin, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Hi Corbin,

Maybe it is setting, I cannot say. However, I never change them and sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Recently I started an experiment. I'm going to try to log in first with Chrome then try IE and see what I come up with for a few weeks. If IE is proves to be more reliable then I will just use IE for this site only. I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to troubleshoot this issue. I'll just go with what works and let the experts (Onstar) decide if this is worth pursuing.

Just tried, Chrome failed 2x, IE worked. Ho hummm.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I use Chrome almost exclusively and have never had a problem accessing the page. I do occasionally get an error message when doing a remote start. The remote start still works every time, I just get a failed message on myVolt.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts