GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All:

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems, and what they were told. I've had issues with MyVolt, MyLink, and RemoteLink for over a year now, and the answers I'm getting from GM and OnStar aren't adding up.

I leased a 2013 Volt for two years in 2012, and aside from occasional lapses in charge data on MyVolt, the MyVolt and RemoteLink stuff generally worked. I bought a 2015 in July of 2014. For the first couple of months, I couldn't get any MyVolt data on it at all. Then it all worked for about a month. For the past six months to a year:

1. I only get text alerts when the car is running. I wasn't getting text alerts at all for a few months, they worked for about two months, and for the last six months I only get RemoteLink text alerts (charging complete, charge interrupted) when the car is on. In other words, if it completes charging on Monday afternoon, but I don't drive it again until Wednesday, I will not receive the charge complete message until about 10 minutes after I start driving it on Wednesday.

2. For the past year, MyVolt loses the ability to display charging information every month. Since I rely on the data to reimburse my condo association for electricity, I have to go through the hassle of contacting OnStar every month and waiting for them to fix it before I can pay my condo fee.

3. Since I bought the car in July 2014, When I ask MyLink to dial a number from the phonebook of my Android phone (Verizon Galaxy S4) via voice dialing, it always says "Dialing Failed" but then the call goes through. I've tried re-pairing multiple times.

On the MyVolt charging data problem, they fix it each month but cannot tell me why it repeatedly stops working.

On the voice dialing issue, GM told me twice over the last year that it's an incompatibility with the phone's operating system that requires Android to catch up with the software in the car's radio (?) (I update the phone's OS as it becomes available and am at Android 5.01).

On the charge complete text alert issue, OnStar keeps telling me that it is a known problem and GM is working on it. I haven't seen the problem on this forum, and six months seems like a long time to be working on it.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? If so, what have GM and OnStar told you about them?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My notifications haven't worked for almost 2 months. Onstar say they know about the problem and are working on it. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My notifications haven't worked for almost 2 months. Onstar say they know about the problem and are working on it. :(
Are you getting the same thing I am, where you get notifications once you turn the car back on?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
6ish months without working text notifications (I get one here and there, but not regularly, nor do they arrive when I should be receiving them - e.g. 20 minutes after I've unplugged and am driving, "charge complete"... thanks...)

3+ months with no myvolt charging data.
10 days with no myvolt data at all now.

As for your voice dialing, I never use the mylink system. Long press on the voice button on the steering wheel and use your phone's voice command to call someone.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Wonder if this is a problem up north ? Dallas TX location for me.

I have Sprint and used the last 4 Iphones with the then current onstar app I have almost always gotten the charge finished since day one.

I have seen a few text messages after un-plugging and starting up that the charge was not finished.

I have NOT updated my app setting in 2 years - EVEN when the APP said I needed too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 14 and everything works as advertised. The remote link is actually much better since the last update... more reliable and faster.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for your voice dialing, I never use the mylink system. Long press on the voice button on the steering wheel and use your phone's voice command to call someone.
That's what I'm doing, but it says "Dialing Failed," then dials.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OnStar called me the other day to report that text alerts, as well as charge data on myvolt.com, have been fixed, and they appear to be. Car still says "dialing failed" before dialing a number, but the OnStar stuff is working.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OnStar called me the other day to report that text alerts, as well as charge data on myvolt.com, have been fixed, and they appear to be. Car still says "dialing failed" before dialing a number, but the OnStar stuff is working.
What did they say they did?

I've had a ticket open since June. Just called them again today and they keep saying they are working on it. Whomever is "working" on it should be fired.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
What did they say they did?

I've had a ticket open since June. Just called them again today and they keep saying they are working on it. Whomever is "working" on it should be fired.
Ditto for me.
I had the occasional data point here and there, and they even had me replace my OnStar module - still not working.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Remotelink...the data portion seems to work fine for me but the nav part has been frustrating. When I try to send destination addresses it always fails. Got onstar involved once and they were on with me for over 20 minutes doing a system reset (boot). I had to pull over and stop. Eventually got the one address in there but it hasn't worked since..Gave up, not worth it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts