GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that every time I log in to MyVolt.com on my Mac it will not update the charging status or anything else. If I use a windows computer I do not have any problem. (This would explain why 90 % of the time I cannot get updated status). I have tried it on two different Mac's with the same result. Anyone else use a Mac to access MyVolt.com ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey, another Mac user! :)

I'll be using my Mac with myvolt.com as soon as I get the car, so I'm interested in how you're accessing the myvolt.com webpage. What's the operating system version of the Macs you've tried, along with the name and version of the browsers? I'm currently on a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X version 10.6.6, and I have Safari version 5.0.3, Firefox version 3.6.13, and Chrome version 9.0.597.84 installed.

Also, have you tried holding down the shift key on the keyboard while clicking reload in your browser? Sometimes that forces the browser to reload the page from the internet instead of using the cached page.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using OS X 10.6.6. I just tried Chrome version 9 and it works.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good to know at least one Mac browser works with myvolt.com then. Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just realized that every time I log in to MyVolt.com on my Mac it will not update the charging status or anything else. If I use a windows computer I do not have any problem. (This would explain why 90 % of the time I cannot get updated status). I have tried it on two different Mac's with the same result. Anyone else use a Mac to access MyVolt.com ?
I am opposite; I cannot access my car on myVolt from my PC. I tried with my laptop at Starbucks. Same thing. The OnStar adviser sounded clueless also. He ask it I have driven my car in the last 24 hours because OnStar tends to go to sleep if it sets too long?????
Also he said to make a phone call from the Volt and then try myVolt access. I still think it is a problem in OnStar central. If I get to where I want to take the time I will get them to take me completely off OnStar and reinstate me one step at a time, even changing my Onstar number if necessary. Just reminds me of why I cancelled my OnStar subscription on my other two cars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can someone tell me if the MyVolt app works on an iPad? As of now, our family does not have any smart phones. if it makes any difference, the iPad is a 3G model.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can someone tell me if the MyVolt app works on an iPad? As of now, our family does not have any smart phones. if it makes any difference, the iPad is a 3G model.
The myvolt web page works crappy on the iPad. But the onstar iPhone works fine on the iPad.

Stilgar

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you find a site that doesn't work correctly using Safari, if you're able to, please file a bug report. It may turn out that it's a problem with the site itself, but if it's a problem with the renderer then it's useful to tell the team about it.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
It could be the site but the reality is that all browsers have bugs and unfortunately they're never the same ones. Trying to support all these platforms is probably a mistake. They should pick one or two current versions and leave it at that. Or just limit support to iPhone and Android apps.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Try FireFox as some websites that won't work with Safari work great with FireFox.

The iPad works fine with the OnStar MyLink application. Not running the Volt for a week caused a disconnect with OnStar and the MyLink app (error 120.) Had to call OnStar to reestablish communication between OnStar and the Volt before the application worked again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The myVolt web site is functional with the iPad but with some ugly artifacts. When remote starting you must enter your code in dialog boxes that do not line up properly. It's a bit confusing but possible to enter the four numbers by iteratively bringing up the keyboard.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I miss knowing the amount of gas left in the tank too. Miles to go are interesting but how much gas is there would give me an idea if I want to stop and fill up. If anyone knows how to see this it would be appreciated. My advisor didn't know of a way,

Roy

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I miss knowing the amount of gas left in the tank too. Miles to go are interesting but how much gas is there would give me an idea if I want to stop and fill up. If anyone knows how to see this it would be appreciated. My advisor didn't know of a way,

Roy
If you are using the OnStar MyLink app then slide your finger across the screen to page over to the fuel screen. Tire pressure and phone data are on the last two screens. The fuel percentage, gallons and range are displayed with the remaining oil life.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I brought my Volt(#448) home on Jan 8 (38 days ago). I noticed that MyVolt.com showed 31psi in the tires. I filled them up to the reccommentded 35psi and saw that MyVolt didn't update. The folks here were experiencing the same thing but it was supposedly due to MyVolt only "checking in" with OnStar once a month - so I let it go. Well, the end of a month, the beginning of a month, and the expiration of a month of ownership have passed. The website still shows 31psi and 16 miles traveled. I spoke with the OnStar tech support person and she told me to wait for February's diagnostic report e-mail.
Anyone else seeing this??

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Anyone else seeing this??
Yes. I've had my Volt since early January, and no OnStar update or e-mail report (yet).

It hasn't really bothered me because I can see the information in the car every time I drive; and, I'm always over-the-moon when driving the Volt!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have not been able to get myVolt to access my car from my computer. The OnStar adviser was no help. It also still shows the status recorded when I first got the car.

A question I had that was not answered here before I got my car was the availablity of a gas gauge in addition to the CS miles estimate. I note that the gas pump symbol has a segmented gas gauge showing the gas tank fuel level. I just went out and checked but with the car fully charged I cannot bring up the gas pump on the left side of the cluster, but I think that when the car is in CS mode these segments are colored. I will have to remember to note this next time I go into CS. So we do have a gas gauge, it is just not the needle we are used to seeing. I have not refueled my car yet so I will also look to see if the segments are showing a full tank after the fill up. Right now they show about 1/3 tank level and my records say I have used about 5 gallons.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, of course it doesn't really matter that I can't see my real-time mileage or tire pressure on-line, but wrong information is worse than no information. What if something bad happens - like a blowout or suspension problem? Can the dealer delve into my OnStar history and claim that my tires were low for XX months and that I checked them on-line and didn't do anything about it? I'm sure they've been doing that kind of stuff using the OBD computer ("I can see that you were low on oil until today...I'm sorry, your warranty is void").

I'm not paranoid, just the guys in the black helicopters are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts