GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a Volt on order and I'm confused about the RPO codes for MyLink.

A printout the dealership gave me (produced on-the-spot I believe -- and this was last Friday) states that MyLink is ordered, RPO code UP9.

However, I went to track the order via www.chevroletconnects.com and switched to the "order" tab. UP9 is nowhere to be found. The only think listed under "Digital Audio System" is "U2K XM Radio."

In addition, there is a "R9N CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 89" code shown under "Miscellaneous Details." Since the dealer originally placed the order 2/24/12 (before MyLink availability?) I'm wondering if this could've been a placeholder for MyLink.

Of course, it also states "Please Note: content shown may not include all your options and accessories or may show incorrect detail. See dealer for complete list" on there, so maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill :)

Whatcha think, GM experts?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
At this point doesn't really matter, what ever was ordered is what will be built, right or wrong. There isn't many weeks left in the final builds for 2012 so I doubt you could make any changes, so you'll find out so enough :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You definitely need UP9 code on your order. The gmconnects.com tracking site does not list all the specific options and I believe there is a disclaimer to that effect. It never showed up on my order either (placed on March 12 before the shutdown and before they starting actually making Volts with MyLink). My dealer had an allocation in the pipeline and they used it to redirect production to put my order ahead in the queue.

You didn't mention your specific order status. If it is at least code 2000 (Order Accepted by GM), you should be OK. When your tracking code becomes 3800, you then can see your window sticker. When I hit 3800, I did see all the specific items on my order, exterior paint, interior color, polished wheels, MyLink, Bose, etc which wasn't visible up until then.

My sense is that if you ordered this, you will be fine unless the dealer messed up in placing the order.

I placed my order on March 12 which was before they actually starting making Volts with MyLink and did not get to code 3800 until May 1 as my order was affected by the plant shutdown.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point doesn't really matter, what ever was ordered is what will be built, right or wrong.
True enough, but I most certainly wouldn't pay for what I was told I would get, but wound up not getting. The order was a dealer order prior to my ever showing up at their door... so at this point I just want to determine precisely what options were actually ordered.

You definitely need UP9 code on your order. The gmconnects.com tracking site does not list all the specific options and I believe there is a disclaimer to that effect.
Yep, it does indeed say that.

You didn't mention your specific order status. [... snip ...] My sense is that if you ordered this, you will be fine unless the dealer messed up in placing the order.
It's at 3400 "Order Broadcast" at this point, so you're right, there's no sticker to review at this point. You're probably right and all will be well.

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mike

If you are interested, here is my order history from code 3400

04/13/2012 (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
05/01/2012 (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
05/01/2012 (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
05/01/2012 (4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).
05/01/2012 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/07/2012 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/08/2012 (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
05/08/2012 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/08/2012 (4300) Interm transfer. Processing transfer to QC or vendor.
05/13/2012 (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
05/17/2012 (4800) Rail ramp unload. Vehicle has been unloaded from train.
05/17/2012 (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
05/18/2012 (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
05/19/2012 (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outstanding! Thanks man.

·
Administrator
20,018 Posts
Make Your Stock charger 240V for 30 bucks! Hidden Content...

How do I read this Hidden Content?
I haven't a clue what you are referring to and it has nothing to do with this thread. Post your question in the appropriate thread, wherever you are pulling that from.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I haven't a clue what you are referring to and it has nothing to do with this thread. Post your question in the appropriate thread, wherever you are pulling that from.
The forum member is referring to the fact that this dialog pops up when a user with less than 10 posts clicks on the Hidden Content[//i] link, which you are not seeing since you have more than ten posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts