GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is talk of an app store for it. You'll probably be able to download other services like LastFM.

I'm currious if this upgrade will be avaliable for the 2011 Volts. They anounced this about two weeks after I got mine, and I would hate for a new car as advanced as the Volt to be behind the curve in only a few months.

·
1,101 Posts
They don't even have real specs, delivery date, or pricing for the 2012 Volt yet...........

Since the radio is completely different for the Mylink option, I don't think it will be a part of the BOSE radio on either the 2011 or 2012 models.

This is a real issue for me, as my order is just sitting on hold until this gets worked out. If they do not do something by the end of August, I will change the radio back to the BOSE unit, so I can get delivery!!!

Come on GM, get some info on this out to the dealers and to us here at gm-volt,com!!! We would really appreciate it!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So after looking through the screen shots, I have a few questions:

1) For Pandora radio, how is it getting the data? Are they offering data plans via the OnStar account, or does it rely on a bluetooth connection to a smart phone?

2) I wonder if they fixed the infamous track order problem that exists on the current Volt and other GM MP3 systems?

3) Looking at the presets in the photos, why would anyone smart enough to operate MyLink program in Fox News?

Overall, I really don't see much here that makes me feel left behind by this new system. I don't need to stream music from my smartphone, and I can live without Pandora.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Overall, I really don't see much here that makes me feel left behind by this new system. I don't need to stream music from my smartphone, and I can live without Pandora.
Why in the world would anyone delay ordering a 2012 Volt for this? Yawn.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
3) Looking at the presets in the photos, why would anyone smart enough to operate MyLink program in Fox News?
Did you happen to see the poll on gm-volt reader's political leanings? Apparently you just called very nearly half the readers on this site who've expressed an opinion "stupid" (or at least not smart).

Was that really your intent? It seems rather counterproductive.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Did you happen to see the poll on gm-volt reader's political leanings? Apparently you just called very nearly half the readers on this site who've expressed an opinion "stupid" (or at least not smart).

Was that really your intent? It seems rather counterproductive.
I didn't think all jokes require a :). But since you opened the door...

Political differences are all well and good. But the sad reality is, on the LGBT issue alone I find the network so reprehensible, it's depressing that they are tolerated at all, no less embraced by so many:

http://dropfox.com/topics/lgbt

Fox represents no less than sanctioned hate speech against myself, my partner (who works for GM), our civil union, and our mutually treasured, loving relationship of 11 years. So I think I'll stand by my comment. If you want to censor it from the forum, I suppose that's your prerogative.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
So I think I'll stand by my comment. If you want to censor it from the forum, I suppose that's your prerogative.
About the only things I would censor here are spam and blatant ad hominem assaults.

The way you phrased what you now call a joke and then defend as strongly held opinion of your belief is that anyone who doesn't feel as you do about Fox News (or whatever other issue you care to raise) is stupid. Or at least not smart.

That doesn't qualify as a personal ad hominem, and it's certainly not spam in my book. So no moderator action of my part for that.

I just asked if you wanted to call nearly half the readership of this forum stupid, since the one thing that binds us all together as an interest is the Volt. Calling nearly half the people who are interested in (or who have plunked good money down on) the Volt stupid simply says that (in your apparent opinion) half the people who like Volts here are dim-wits.

And that makes the Volt sound like a pretty stupid car if it attracts so many stupid people. If you're happy showing that level of consideration, who am I to argue with your sense of inclusiveness?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts