GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Volters,

I'm a bit frustrated with MyLink. I have music files organized by folder in USB and never have problem with two other cars that I've used. But with this MyLink, the default always go to song name which doesn't serve me well. When the "Just the two of us (Grover Washington Jr.)" which is purely saxophone, ends, it will go to "Just Friends(Tony Bennett)" that I don't want to listen to. Also I have several songs on both USB and my iPhone so it'll play twice if I plugged in my iPhone for GPS use.

Anyway we can change default view of music to folder?

Thank you in advance. :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm not sure what you are asking. Folders are played in alphabetical order by song title. Albums are played in track order.

I organize my thumb drive by folders too. I can always find what I want via the folder menu. Once I select the song and I want to play the album in track order, I need to go back to the album menu and select the song again. From that point on, the songs will be played in order the artist or album producer intended.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not aware of a way to change the default view to folder.

If you have complete ID3 tags on all your music, specifically artist, album and track number then the voice commands work very well for selecting music (as long as the kids can pipe down long enough for me to finish!).

If I'm not doing that then I'm likely playing a playlist directly. I have 1 with about a thousand stand up comedy tracks, another with about 3000 songs. Shuffle works on the playlists but it has a poor random number generator so shuffle will always select the same 'random' order. I get by that by just browsing to somewhere near the middle of the list and starting from there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
you may click on the "menu" button, and select "folder view", then manually click the play button on each folder name to play music in that folder.

another solution is to create a playlist file (m3u), you can order it whatever way you like. you can select playlist from the menu.

the simplest m3u file is simply a list of all .mp3 files, one line per .mp3 file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry didn't check the forum for couple days and thank you for all the tips. Look like the playlist is the only option I have. I'll give it a try.

Cheers....Som

1 - 5 of 5 Posts