GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend or perhaps the weekend before, I logged into the myChevrolet app on my iphone or atleast I thought it was myChevrolet.

The features appeared completely different than the basic plain look app. It showed the green battery indicator and a wheel image for tie pressure monitors. I don’t know where the improved app look came from. Now for some reason when Open the the myChevrolet Onstar app, I get the plain look again. What happened or what did I stumble onto before that seemed like a great improvement over the basic plain look app appearance?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add to the previous post, I also had all sorts of warranty status info that I can’t seem to find anymore.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Since no one responded or know what I was talking about, I figured it out myself. It turns out I had logged into my.chevrolet.com

I had accessed it via a notification email my wife had received (she is the registered account owner for Onstar)

This is what I was referencing seeing earlier.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
I can no longer long on to MyVolt.com

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I logged in on my iPhone. I never tried on my Imac. Did it display your vehicle profile. Specifically to the VIN. The battery Icon was shown in the charge status window.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can no longer long on to MyVolt.com
I did yesterday. www.secure.myvolt.com

It still had all the features working. Vehicle charge status, tire pressure info, remote key fob functions, etc.

The new www.my.chevrolet.com site is meant to be more like a one stop portal where you can add multiple GM vehicles to your “garage” . You enter your vehicles VIN to ADD Vehicle profile. Then when you select that vehicle you will see all the pertinent info associated with it.
For vehicle status info, you have to have an active OnStar account. We have the Free Basic plan til April 2019. I was surprised to see that it gives Vehicle status info now. When I first switched to the Basic plan it only enabled Key fob functions. I was disappointed to say the least, because I really wanted the vehicle status info like what was shown during the 3 month all access period.

Now I have it. Much happier now

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, and I'm going crazy this morning, because both the Chevrolet and On-Star remote link Android Apps are now only showing keyfob functions now, but I can still see everything on the my.chevrolet.com website. As of Saturday, I could still see all functions on the apps. I switched to the basic plan almost a month ago.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iOs app still works for me with the latest IOs 11 update.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apparently, vehicle status info is not available under the basic OnStar plan. All mine shows is:

Vehicle Status
Upgrade Now

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine used to say that too. But I didn’t upgrade to anything.
I just checked the Onstar plan in account info it says Basic Plan expires 04-29-2019
I just figured it had to do with being registered on the my.chevrolet.com site.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently, vehicle status info is not available under the basic OnStar plan. All mine shows is:

Vehicle Status
Upgrade Now
I just read through the Comparison page for the different OnStar plans. No where in any of plans does it mention “Vehicle Status”as a specific service feature or upgrade for the APP or even a feature period.

Now here’s the weird thing that just happened, I just went back into the APP and it now says

Vehicle Status
Upgrade Now

WTF just happened

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I just checked my android apps and the desktop and everything is working fine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have Vehicle Status in the App?

What OnStar plan do you have?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s why yours works then. I have The basic plan and the Vehicle status Was working for the past two weeks. Now it doesn’t again.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
That’s why yours works then. I have The basic plan and the Vehicle status Was working for the past two weeks. Now it doesn’t again.
Have you gone to the OnStar website and checked account status? When I go there, it tells my I have to activate vehicle status, but it works.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They have changed this around with the myChevrolet stuff. It tells you to go to shop OnStar (hyperlink)

I did that to look at the various plans and feature. It was after that, that my vehicle status changed back to upgrade now in the App.

You should not have to pay extra to see this info in the App, if it’s fully available through the myChevrolet website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts