GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Volt has been lying to me lately. Every morning, after my alarm goes off, the first thing I do after shutting the alarm off is to precondition my Volt twice, using the myChevrolet app. The app responds that the preconditioning command is successful, one after the other, so it should have a total of 20 minutes preconditioning time. But 5 minutes into the preconditioning, I take a peek out of our window and the Volt is not running, not even lighted at all. So I used my FOBKey to precondition it. Has anyone else noticed this anomaly? They seem to be related to the VoltStats not getting updates and also some app not showing the EV miles. It has been fixed, but now my preconditioning commands aren't giving me the right feedback. I have the latest app downloaded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, all of the OnStar related functions seems to be very hit or miss.

I've personally attempted to use the app to remote start my car and it says it works and then I walk outside and nada (it also seemed to stop me from using my fob - "correlation does not imply causation"). Currently it seems the general consensus is to just use the actual fob to precondition your Volt, for reliability sake.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
They just need to change the name from OnStar by switching the first two letters to NoStar. People get sucked in thinking it will actually work - reliably.

Nice idea, if only......

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yeah, since 3 days ago it has gotten really flaky. The lock and precondition FOB commands work from myChevy app for my Bolt, but vehicle info fails with a wierd "Invalid user input. Please try again. (105)" error. Weird thing is I can get vehicle info from my.chevrolet.com no problem.

I can't imagine if I didn't have the FOB commands working from the app. That would royally suck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts