GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened? MyCadillac app no longer has ability to send NAV to the car??

Is Chevy app nerfed as well?

Version 3.8.0.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also missing status page. ( tire pressure, charge status, etc).

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's been messed up since October 19th. I knew something was up when I was prompted to enter my pin to refresh my charging status. Volt owners are having the same problem.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I called OnStar this morning. Rep said it should be "fixed" in 24 hours. He said to call again if it isn't fixed. Why, I do not know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Actually, he first told me the Basic Plan didn't include that ability. I read him the URL for OnStar help that said it was included in Basic and he changed his explanation to "it's broken."

I'm hoping this will not require a paid plan going forward.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually, he first told me the Basic Plan didn't include that ability. I read him the URL for OnStar help that said it was included in Basic and he changed his explanation to "it's broken."

I'm hoping this will not require a paid plan going forward.
It probably will be. I was looking at the information about super cruise and that is going to require a subscription after the first 3 years.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything is back now (since last night). It must be server-side because the app didn't update. Still 3.8.0.

I still have the 3-year OnStar plan with my ELR.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Everything is back now (since last night). It must be server-side because the app didn't update. Still 3.8.0.

I still have the 3-year OnStar plan with my ELR.
Loboc, your post prompted me to call OnStar again. Since it works for you now and you're on a "paid" plan, I thought it might be the real end for Basic Plan people like me. The rep insisted there is no change; the Basic Plan will have the ability, but the system is still down. When I told her about you, Loboc, she said it is working for some people but it will work for all soon.

What was it that P.T. Barnum said?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Final post for me on this topic.

After weeks of calling and waiting, I called OnStar again today to say that I still could not send addresses to the NAV with either the MyChevrolet or the OnStar App (same thing, at this point, I believe). Neither app displayed the Vehicle Status or Navigation tabs. Both apps correctly indicated that I am on the Basic Plan.

After some runaround, Liz, the rep I spoke with, dug a bit deeper and reset my Basic Plan status and, voila, the app said "updating" and both tabs appeared! Both apps now work and both still say I am on the Basic Plan.

Apparently there is more than one Basic Plan. If your app has lost the ability to send addresses to the in-dash NAV or to see basic status information, call OnStar tech support and tell them of my experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just looked at the version on mine and it is 3.10.0 (302)

Dave

What happened? MyCadillac app no longer has ability to send NAV to the car??

Is Chevy app nerfed as well?

Version 3.8.0.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts