GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened? MyCadillac app no longer has ability to send NAV to the car??

Is Chevy app nerfed as well?

Version 3.8.0.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also missing status page. ( tire pressure, charge status, etc).

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's been messed up since October 19th. I knew something was up when I was prompted to enter my pin to refresh my charging status. Volt owners are having the same problem.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody get intel from OnStar or GM?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I called OnStar this morning. Rep said it should be "fixed" in 24 hours. He said to call again if it isn't fixed. Why, I do not know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Actually, he first told me the Basic Plan didn't include that ability. I read him the URL for OnStar help that said it was included in Basic and he changed his explanation to "it's broken."

I'm hoping this will not require a paid plan going forward.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually, he first told me the Basic Plan didn't include that ability. I read him the URL for OnStar help that said it was included in Basic and he changed his explanation to "it's broken."

I'm hoping this will not require a paid plan going forward.
It probably will be. I was looking at the information about super cruise and that is going to require a subscription after the first 3 years.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything is back now (since last night). It must be server-side because the app didn't update. Still 3.8.0.

I still have the 3-year OnStar plan with my ELR.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Everything is back now (since last night). It must be server-side because the app didn't update. Still 3.8.0.

I still have the 3-year OnStar plan with my ELR.
Loboc, your post prompted me to call OnStar again. Since it works for you now and you're on a "paid" plan, I thought it might be the real end for Basic Plan people like me. The rep insisted there is no change; the Basic Plan will have the ability, but the system is still down. When I told her about you, Loboc, she said it is working for some people but it will work for all soon.

What was it that P.T. Barnum said?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Final post for me on this topic.

After weeks of calling and waiting, I called OnStar again today to say that I still could not send addresses to the NAV with either the MyChevrolet or the OnStar App (same thing, at this point, I believe). Neither app displayed the Vehicle Status or Navigation tabs. Both apps correctly indicated that I am on the Basic Plan.

After some runaround, Liz, the rep I spoke with, dug a bit deeper and reset my Basic Plan status and, voila, the app said "updating" and both tabs appeared! Both apps now work and both still say I am on the Basic Plan.

Apparently there is more than one Basic Plan. If your app has lost the ability to send addresses to the in-dash NAV or to see basic status information, call OnStar tech support and tell them of my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.