GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, my Volt now has the Speed Force, so it's as quick as a flash! Well, maybe not, but I just HAD to get rid of that Carmax plate:

·
Administrator
20,231 Posts
I don't know, you might want to get some red shoes with a matching lightning bolt...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looks pretty sharp ! (though I must say, I think license plates are so "old school" and we shouldn't have to use them in this day and age......the vehicle should have the ability to "beam" whatever info the officer needs to "write you up" :)..........

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks pretty sharp ! (though I must say, I think license plates are so "old school" and we shouldn't have to use them in this day and age......the vehicle should have the ability to "beam" whatever info the officer needs to "write you up" :)..........
Oh, I'm sure the police would love that. Talk about Big Brother...

·
Registered
804 Posts
And you would probably want autopilot to drive you right to the jailhouse if you have a warrant out for you! ;)

·
Administrator
20,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Does anyone know how or if the front license plate affects range? We know the Volt engineers did everything they could to reduce aerodynamic drag, but it seems the addition of that plate holder on the front negates some of that. We don't require the front plate here in Louisiana, but my Volt was originally sold in Texas which does require it. And the plate holder appears to be RIVETED on--since I couldn't remove it, I went with The Flash.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Does anyone know how or if the front license plate affects range? We know the Volt engineers did everything they could to reduce aerodynamic drag, but it seems the addition of that plate holder on the front negates some of that....
There was a study done measuring the effects of various Christmas ornaments such as the reindeer horns, Christmas balls and wreaths on the mpg. If the ornaments is flushed against the front of the hood such as the wreath, the mpg losses are the smallest. The worst are the ornaments on top of the roof or on the sides, such as the reindeer horns. The license plate is held flat against the front bumper, so the range loss should be negligible as well.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Hope you're in one of the 19 States (if it hasn't changed since I last checked) that doesn't require a front licence plate. Some States that do require it, rarely if ever check. My 1980 TR7 Spider from California never had a front licence plate although they do require one. Although we do required front licence plates here in BC there is a provision that for Collector plates, if there is no provision for a front licence plate you don't have to have one (the theory being you should have to deface a collector car). Going to the States one year the customs officer waived me through then stopped me remembering I had no front licence plate, after running to back of vehicle to make sure I had a rear one he waived me on through again. Same happened coming back one year at Canada customs. I didn't know the number off hand so he went to the rear of car to check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts