GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, So I am proud new chevy volt owner.

Background: Picked chevy volt for its purpose, compact commuter car. I will be driving 15 miles to work and occasionally I will do some sight seeing trips. Generally I picked it up because of its fuel efficiency, quite spacious trunk for the car size (flat trunk space when folding seats), very good power train, nice center of gravity and suits my use. Small things that I like are height of floor in trunk for putting stuff in and out. I don't have a big family, just me and my wife so smaller space in the car didn't bother us to much. Things that are not that great are, slightly limited comfort and head room in the back seats, for some people the view out of the car in general is bit more restricted than from some other cars. Be careful about front window reflections on the light interior model. Things that are not good or bad were: Drivers arm rest height and seat distance from pedals is really fine for me, but probably not for everyone.

Configuration: 2017 Blue, LT trim, black cloth interior, comfort package, all weather floor and trunk mats. MSRP:35150 my price 32900 - 1000 PO = 31900.

When buying out of state I got my temporary licence plate and will register the car at my DMV later on.
What is confusing me is repair minor scratches noted during the inspection during purchase. I would expect that I can go to any chevy volt dealer for free repair of those, but according to information from I got during purchase I can go only to same group of dealers I purchased the car from.

I really love that car, just one more thing. I was trying to drive it in L mode and I really don't like the behavior near very low power output. It just quite quickly changing between braking and acceleration and this didn't felt right for me. Or in other words, I cannot find the accelerator pedal position so it goes very smoothly during power output around zero. It is also possible I don't know how to drive it :)

Thanks everyone for contributions to the forum. It was extremely helpful to find all details about the car, financing, private offer post and other stuff.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats....you'll get used to driving in L, for at least part of your drive, in no time. There really isnt much advantage to using it, its personal preference. If you lightly press the brakes it does the same thing.

But if you are like me, pretty soon you'll have a hard time driving regular cars....I always feel strange driving my wife's car now. Last night coming home from visiting family I downshifted into 'low' when coming off the highway without realizing it due to force of habit, and when the light turned green I took off and all I heard was an engine revving super hard.

I thought to myself, 'who is that asshole revving his engine like that?'....then I realized that the asshole was me :eek:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Driving in the Boise area should net you impressive results, I would think. Certainly, the road-ability of the car will be evident, hugging the road in the turns. Enjoy 8^)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrats! What was your out-the-door price? Did your $31,900 figure include taxes, tags, title, destination charge, etc.?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, this is the price before taxes and all other fees. OTD was 34K, but still thinking quite good deal for my area.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd say that's pretty good. Pretty comparable to what I got in Virginia. My cost was $33k OTD for an LT with interior comfort package, illuminated charge port, interior protection package, and cargo net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts