GM Volt Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
That is some good sh!t. How hard is that vinyl to work with? Was it hard getting it into those funky grooves on the grill? Is it easy to remove or haven't you had to do that yet. Also, do you know if the parking sensor radar circles (or whatever they are) can be covered without any problems? Greatly appreciate any advice.

Also - I have a red 2017. I'd appreciate your thoughts on how you think the gloss black would look.

Nice work. Cheers.

Thank you. At first had to learn how to bend and stretch the vinyl, but it's super easy to work with. Grill was done by someone else last year but I could do it myself now. The wrap adheres very well to whatever the surface is.

Wrap over parking sensors shouldn't be an issue.

And gloss black would look very proper on the red. A guy on here actually painted his rims gloss black on his red Volt. Might be in the tire sub-forum.

Hey, you did a great job wrapping the car. Did you take off the badge in the front to wrap the whole grill or did you just lay the vinyl over the whole thing? Does the badge even come off? I ordered some 3M Vinyl wrap off amazon, I wanted to wrap the whole thing like you did. Also the Window trim and handles. Could you please let me know how you did it?

New member here, first post. Love what you did with it.

Thanks,

Arby

Thanks. Had the front done by a shop last year. The top grill was actually painted and the bottom grill is wrapped.

Window trim is super easy to do. There's a little slit that runs across the trim and that's where you cut with the knife. Door handles were also done by the shop. Sort of coming off on driver handle so I'm going to re-do it.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
So I was sitting in the Batmobile and was thinking about what mod to do next... and this is what happened

Somehow I missed seeing this. Very not bad! I'm a little curious how that Batman decal lays down on the bowtie on the steering wheel.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
I was going to say too much chrome, but the picture with the yellow trim fixed that, lol. Very nice!

81 - 84 of 84 Posts