GM Volt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow, just a few days turnaround from Mister Dave's suggestion to implementation! Now we gotta see it at night.

I still think TRON. I'm still a fan of Bumble Bee being a VW Bug (pre-redesign for hipsters). TRON vibe means you're driving at light-cycle speeds. Feels more appropriate for the Volt.

Of course, you can't go wrong with Batman. Cause who wouldn't want to be Batman.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Wow, just a few days turnaround from Mister Dave's suggestion to implementation! Now we gotta see it at night.

I still think TRON. I'm still a fan of Bumble Bee being a VW Bug (pre-redesign for hipsters). TRON vibe means you're driving at light-cycle speeds. Feels more appropriate for the Volt.

Of course, you can't go wrong with Batman. Cause who wouldn't want to be Batman.
To me bumble bee is a yellow camaro transformer. Beetlebug is the term we used for the vw bug - in grade school on the school bus we played beetlebug. 10 points for red, 5 points for blue, 100 points for purple, 1 point for everything else. The jackpot was to find one that had multiple colors from various junk yard replacement panels, or a two tone paint job.

So who is next to customize their volt after an action hero? Any ideas for what a white diamond tricoat can become? The only thing I can think of is Herbie the love bug, but he's not really an action hero.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Woah, so you have a Tesla too?

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.
People have been telling me that I need to seek professional help for decades... :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Great look.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love the look...I'm getting my '17 Premier in a week...Black as well and am thinking of leaving the chrome trim, door handles and removing the bowties and plastic-dipping the wheels but leaving the front flat areas of the wheels silver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked this car up a few days ago and I must say I was inspired by OP's plasti-dip modification that I gave it a shot on my own Volt. Please welcome the new addition to the family - BlackHawk

FullSizeRender 3.jpg IMG_4124.jpg

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Awesome. Plastidip is great isn't it.

I think you should pick your favorite color and add an accent stripe on the chrome window strips and the emblems. I would do mine in plum crazy purple. Then dipmthem pink for great cancer awareness ,onto, then switch them back to purple the rest of the year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome. Plastidip is great isn't it.

I think you should pick your favorite color and add an accent stripe on the chrome window strips and the emblems. I would do mine in plum crazy purple. Then dipmthem pink for great cancer awareness ,onto, then switch them back to purple the rest of the year.
Great suggestion. Will definitely keep that in mind. I am looking to add minor color accents around the car and getting the calipers done. Have to choose the color first. :)

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Great suggestion. Will definitely keep that in mind. I am looking to add minor color accents around the car and getting the calipers done. Have to choose the color first. :)
How about silver torquois chameleon? It color shifts between blue and purple.

Here's my gen1 grill in that color.

https://youtu.be/P7tR3H1gd6A

Of course if you dip in that chameleom, you should probably leave the brakes alone, or just get them painted or powdered coated in black.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Please welcome the new addition to the family - BlackHawk
I don't think I'll ever get tired of a fully murdered car. Should I ever drive a gen 2 Volt this will be my way too.

I have dibs on the Green Hornet. I suppose another one in the OC will be acceptable though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Woah, so you have a Tesla too?
Got an electric family.

Great look.
Tanks.

Love the look...I'm getting my '17 Premier in a week...Black as well and am thinking of leaving the chrome trim, door handles and removing the bowties and plastic-dipping the wheels but leaving the front flat areas of the wheels silver.
Painting the brake calipers could be something to think about. Subtle mods all around and then add a little color to the wheels

Just picked this car up a few days ago and I must say I was inspired by OP's plasti-dip modification that I gave it a shot on my own Volt. Please welcome the new addition to the family - BlackHawk

View attachment 134169 View attachment 134177
No Plasti-Dip on mine. Just 3M Gloss Black Vinyl. Yours is nice. I saw another blacked out Volt the other day...

Stock vs. Modded

The more modded Volts the better

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Is that a windshield visor strip? That's what I am missing on mine and could really use it in this sun.

It is. Works well and I love the feel it gives in the cabin.

So I was sitting in the Batmobile and was thinking about what mod to do next... and this is what happened

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is some good sh!t. How hard is that vinyl to work with? Was it hard getting it into those funky grooves on the grill? Is it easy to remove or haven't you had to do that yet. Also, do you know if the parking sensor radar circles (or whatever they are) can be covered without any problems? Greatly appreciate any advice.

Also - I have a red 2017. I'd appreciate your thoughts on how you think the gloss black would look.

Nice work. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, you did a great job wrapping the car. Did you take off the badge in the front to wrap the whole grill or did you just lay the vinyl over the whole thing? Does the badge even come off? I ordered some 3M Vinyl wrap off amazon, I wanted to wrap the whole thing like you did. Also the Window trim and handles. Could you please let me know how you did it?

New member here, first post. Love what you did with it.

Thanks,

Arby

61 - 80 of 84 Posts