GM Volt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Looks good, perhaps it's just the lighting but it looks like you dipped/colored the chrome on the handles, is that the case? Also just curious, do you plan on dipping the side chrome trim?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks good, perhaps it's just the lighting but it looks like you dipped/colored the chrome on the handles, is that the case? Also just curious, do you plan on dipping the side chrome trim?
If memory serves, he said earlier in the thread that he wants to leave the chrome door trim to have some contrast. I also think all work was done with vinyl, not plasti.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
HOV sticker's ruining your look.. :D
I know, to each their own, but if it were me, I'd dip the chrome strips with either, purple, blue, or red (and maybe pink when it is breast cancer awareness month). Better yet, maybe someday the'll make a dip that works like an invisibility cloak, then they won't need the green stickers at all since nobody will be able to see you (other traffic related issues aside).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thinking about the chrome...........

I was considering doing the same with the front grills. Just to mention, for that chrome that goes above the doors, Amazon has a seller that offers a"Black Chrome" tape. Might be interesting.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Took some of your guy's advice...
Awesome. So it is paint, vinyl, plastidip, or something else?

I'm about to do the exact opposite, dip my wheels, grill, and lower rockers pearl white, then put a splash of plum crazy on the side chrome.

Edit: hey what happened to the Green HOV sticker? It looks much better without it, but I thought those were heavily sought after.

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Now I think the OP needs to make the thin trim piece under the upper grill yellow. Or yellow bow ties front and back. But not both, that would overdo it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wait, CA plates are black now? Last time they were black, it was the 1970s. Or did you color that too? Is that legal?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Wait, CA plates are black now? Last time they were black, it was the 1970s. Or did you color that too? Is that legal?
We can order the black and gold plates from the State - at extra cost of course.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Awesome. So it is paint, vinyl, plastidip, or something else?

I'm about to do the exact opposite, dip my wheels, grill, and lower rockers pearl white, then put a splash of plum crazy on the side chrome.

Edit: hey what happened to the Green HOV sticker? It looks much better without it, but I thought those were heavily sought after.
3M Vinyl. Did it myself.

Covered up the HOV stickers with black 3M Vinyl as well. I love vinyl. And that sounds nice. Post pics when done

Definitely a TRON vibe, your Volt is giving off. Very l33t.

Thanks. I am loving it. Stands out from all cars on the road and the bright yellow really catches the eye

This may be the only gen 2 Volt I really like. Well done.

I think I'd do mine Green Hornet instead of Batman.

Thank you.

That'd be unique. Or Hulk!

Now I think the OP needs to make the thin trim piece under the upper grill yellow. Or yellow bow ties front and back. But not both, that would overdo it.

Hmmm. That plastic panel in the grill... I do have some vinyl left over... I'll take your advice and report back

Yep blacked out my plate...... jk.

You can order RETRO CA Vanity Plates now.

I have a custom plate on the way... it's a funny internet meme.... coming soon

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Not a big fan of all this vinyl wrapping and such, but I have to say...the all blacked-out car looks pretty cool. Just needs a red cylon light on the grill and a turbo button....
plus if you want to go full Cylon you need a Lexus front end.

As for the blacked out Volt, that blended really well. Being that mine is blue the chrome is complimentary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice effort but I think it looks really premature with how all of it is just spraypainted down. It doesn't contrast at all with any colors and it just comes off as being edgy.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts