GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Are you leaving the door trim chrome or blacking it out as well? I think the chrome adds a nice accent where going totally black would be almost too much.

Keith

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Are you leaving the door trim chrome or blacking it out as well? I think the chrome adds a nice accent where going totally black would be almost too much.
Keith
I agree, finish the rims, leave the chrome around the windows.

Looking slick and tidy though, nice job!

·
Registered
81 Posts
What Volt?

Reactions: Mikeniccy

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Damn, I like the real life photos better than my Photoshop jobs. Why did you skip the window trim?

If I'm ever forced to buy a gen 2, this is exactly how I will do it. I might go with aftermarket wheels just to change it up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking good! I especially like the door handles and the rear bow tie blacked out. What did you use to do it with?

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Looks really nice. Chalk me up for a vote to blacken the chrome. But instead of black rims, why not gunmetal gray?

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
My daughter (little miss Goth) keeps asking if we can paint our white Volt completely black...
Plastidip it, so if you don't like it, you can just peel it off and pick another color (or dip right over the black). I'd go for a really dark midnight purple chameleon pearl

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Getting the rims blacked out Monday to complete the look! And then the black retro license plate.
... and I was just thinking it was refreshing to see a blacked-out Volt that still had some visible chrome and wheels that weren't blacked-out.... :p

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
White doors would be an interesting mod.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not a big fan of all this vinyl wrapping and such, but I have to say...the all blacked-out car looks pretty cool. Just needs a red cylon light on the grill and a turbo button....

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Not a big fan of all this vinyl wrapping and such, but I have to say...the all blacked-out car looks pretty cool. Just needs a red cylon light on the grill and a turbo button....
Um, cylons are silver, not black, though the newer ones take human form (hello, Tricia Helfer and Lucy Lawless) But adding the cylon light to a black car would get you K.i.T. From Knight Rider, David Hasselhoff's first show that made him famous. Nope, you definitely need a silver, or more precisely a chrome car before adding the cylon light.

http://youtu.be/9xw72OhqZ_A

The #6 vs #3 debate is the new Ginger vs Mary Ann

http://youtu.be/KlXuEW0rP4U

·
Registered
207 Posts
Um, cylons are silver, not black, though the newer ones take human form (hello, Tricia Helfer and Lucy Lawless) But adding the cylon light to a black car would get you K.i.T. From Knight Rider, David Hasselhoff's first show that made him famous. Nope, you definitely need a silver, or more precisely a chrome car before adding the cylon light.
When KITT was introduced TV, we all thought the red light looked like the light on the Cylon (original)...guess I'm old. Of course I know Cylons where chrome...but the KITT light looked Cylon...hence my failed attempt at humor.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Best looking gen 2 I've seen. The chrome above the doors is screaming at me to wrap it in gloss vinyl.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Best looking gen 2 I've seen. The chrome above the doors is screaming at me to wrap it in gloss vinyl.
Nope, the chrome above the doors is what makes it perfect! The "murdered out" thing is old news, just a bit of accent from the chrome makes it much better. If he could do just the outer lip of the wheel as polished aluminum with the spokes and center still blacked out it would look fantastic!

Keith

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Murdered out would include the Volt badges. Those I'd keep. Murdered out wasn't my theme either, though there's nothing wrong with it.... ever. If I had to buy a gen 2 I'd murder it till it dies.... twice.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts