GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I went to the city of Albany's press conference yesterday, 4-21 on their plan to equip the city with EV Charging Stations. Their first step is to do a study which will take 2 months.
All 3 of our local stations interviewed me about my Volt and one even asked me to take them on a drive.
Here are 2 clips from our local TV channels. It was a fun afternoon and sure stirred lots of VOLT Interest.
Best regards,
By the way driving to work 37.1 miles, I had 9 miles left on battery!

Yesterday I had supper with Jim C, a friend of mine who is getting his dark gray Volt in 3 weeks. I took him and his wife for a ride in mine. I can't wait to see Jim's VOLT once it comes in!

Paul S. Albany, NY

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...0017&authkey=Gv1sRgCPORw7itk_O3sQE&feat=email

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...89633&authkey=Gv1sRgCLWqyq2yk762WA&feat=email

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
You know, the knowlegeable reporter man really took a leap there saying the Volt can go about 600 miles between fill-ups of gas. Must have wanted to err on the side of "really high" versus the bashers on other stations. Misleading, yes - but good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was that a bottle of champagne in your cup holder?
Yes it was and you are very observant!
My dealer, Mangino Chevrolet in Amsterdam NY had that waiting for me when I picked up my Volt. It was a nice touch and I hope other dealers do something like this as a gesture of appreciation for the business.
I would highly recommend the folks at Mangino. They are a real "home town" dealer and they actually won a #1 service award in the entire area! Paul S. Red Volt #2169

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, the knowlegeable reporter man really took a leap there saying the Volt can go about 600 miles between fill-ups of gas. Must have wanted to err on the side of "really high" versus the bashers on other stations. Misleading, yes - but good.
HI Bonaire, I caught that too!, Rick L, another fellow Albany Volt Owner sent me his mileage screen today and he is up to 250 mpg. I have a long way to catch up to him. Paul S.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Paul - That is a really cool interview!! And you have a really nice looking red Volt!!!

Hi:
I went to the city of Albany's press conference yesterday, 4-21 on their plan to equip the city with EV Charging Stations. Their first step is to do a study which will take 2 months.
All 3 of our local stations interviewed me about my Volt and one even asked me to take them on a drive.
Here are 2 clips from our local TV channels. It was a fun afternoon and sure stirred lots of VOLT Interest.
Best regards,
By the way driving to work 37.1 miles, I had 9 miles left on battery!

Yesterday I had supper with Jim C, a friend of mine who is getting his dark gray Volt in 3 weeks. I took him and his wife for a ride in mine. I can't wait to see Jim's VOLT once it comes in!

Paul S. Albany, NY

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...0017&authkey=Gv1sRgCPORw7itk_O3sQE&feat=email

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...89633&authkey=Gv1sRgCLWqyq2yk762WA&feat=email

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Paul - That is a really cool interview!! And you have a really nice looking red Volt!!!

HI Allen: Thanks for your email and I am glad you like the interview. I am having great fun in the Volt. 2 weeks ago I brought the lil Red Volt to a local car show in Valatie, NY. The Volt was mixed in with lots of old cars, and yet about 2 dozen people came by to see it and asked lots of questions. I felt like a salesman! Take Care, Paul S. RedVolt #2169

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OUTSTANDING! Well done.
Thanks, Noel. After I got back to work that day, my boss, said. "You had so much fun today showing off the Volt it paid for the Volt".
2 local channels interviewed me plus Fox23 news and a fellow from NPR did an audio interview, ( never got to hear that one.)
The Mayor of Albany. NY asked me a bunch of questions and checked under the hood. It was so much fun, I almost felt like a kid again! Paul S. RedVolt#2169

1 - 10 of 10 Posts